“well done southbend”

Four Winds Field at Coveleski Stadium
Ranked #6 of 53 things to do in South Bend
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Coveleski stadium is much like southbend itself an older area which has seen better days yet posseses that small town charm that makes minor league ball great. Affordable ample parking right outside park, quality ballpark food with a few different options thrown in, a nice play area for the kids in left next door to a nice 20 person tiki bar for the adults. Extremely well done souvenir shop in the building also in left. Great interaction with crowd including ample giveaways, mascot fun and contests. Sightlines are very good and staff friendly. This park wont wow you in any way but having visited seven other minor league parks it still gives you that good lasting impression.

There are newer reviews for Four Winds Field at Coveleski Stadium

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This Minor League stadium is a gem in the South Bend area. All seating is close, there are lots of kid activities, and the food is reasonable. The players are responsive to spectators, give autographs easily, and are fun to watch. On the night we were there, they gave away a flatscreen tv every inning. Tickets are relatively inexpensive, and you have great views from all parts of the stadium. Parking is only $5.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I took my 10 year old daughter to the Cove for the 4th of July fireworks this year. She is not a baseball fan at all, but they have a lot of things to keep the kids that aren't interested in the game busy. We got to the park about 45 minutes early and parked in a lot right next to the stadium of $5. you can enter from both sides of the stadium, so no reason to walk all the way around the outside unless you want to.

Once we were in, I found where our seats were (section 114) and then took my daughter back to the jump houses in left/center field. For $5, she got a wristband so she could use the area the whole game. She spent a total of an hour in the area.

Next it was the petting zoo and the horse/pony ride in center field (free). Then we made it around to the playground in the right feild corner (free). There is also a splash park, with changing rooms for the kids. I didn't know they had the changing rooms or I would have brought her a suit and towel.

In all, I managed to see about 4 innings of the game from our seats and then watched the rest from the different areas while my daughter played. Even in our seats, my daughter was enjoying the music and the sound clips they would play between pitches. She had a blast and wants to go back.

The evening ended with the 4th of July fireworks and then all of the kids ran the bases, which she also thought was great.

The ballpark food was good. I had a dog and lemonade and it was around $5. My daughter had a a slice of pizza with a lemonade and chips (combo) for about $6.50. Dip-n-dots in a Silver Hawks Helmet cup was $6. M&M Ice Cream Sandwich was $4. Bottled water was $3 (yikes). No drinking for me with my daughter, so I have no report on that. I did see some great looking nachos that I would have liked to get, but the hotdog and the leftover pizza from my daughter was enough. Our tickets were $11 each for what was pretty much box seats. The whole visit could be expensive for a large family, but it's only the 2 of us, so it was no more than a trip to the drive-in theater.

We'll be back soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We took our son to see a minor league game while in South Bend, and we had a nice time. The field is cozy, the prices aren't bad, particularly since we were there for "Thirsty Thursday". A nice outing with kids who like baseball.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

DH got box tickets from his employer.

Wonderful experience! Staff was super friendly. Condition of the box was immaculate and perfectly suited to our needs, since we have a daughter with Autism. The box was perfect for toning down the loud sounds of the ball game that upset her.

We also walked around, and found a perfectly delightful playground, view of the freight trains that go by the stadium (huge plus for the five year old!) and the play area, though expensive, was fun for the kids.

Typical baseball fare available in a huge selection of restaurants throughout the entire stadium. Don't expect gourmet hot dogs! Fun evening at the ballgame, made complete by a visit from Swoop, the Silverhawk mascot.