Holiday Inn Express South Bend / Notre Dame
$179
  • Restaurant
$114
$98
Comfort Suites(South Bend)(Great Value!)
$88
Hotels.com
Sleep Inn South Bend(South Bend)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Pool
$148
Fairfield Inn
$109
All reviewshi expressstayed at the holiday innnotre damevisiting family in the areacomfortable bedsfront desk staffthe room was nicenice staycookiesking bednice breakfastyogurthot breakfastmicrowavecampusgamestadium
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Glad that some of you like this place ... but I have a horror story to share if anyone is interested. I prepaid for a room and when I tried to change it the management said the reservation could not be changed. I went to the Holiday Inn website, where the reservation "can" be changed" online but the management of the hotel totally blocked me out. I then tried to make a change through Holiday Inn customer service but the local hotel management raised the price of the room to over $400 ... simply to block me from changing the reservation.

I am a long time customer of the Holiday Inn Express chain and this was my first disappointment. I would recommend looking on the AIRBNB website for a room in South Bend over staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't expect management to be helpful when you have a complaint.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Bend / Notre Dame, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Doug S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the reservation policy of your booking prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Another great stay. My son and I arrived on Thursday September 26th. We arrived at the hotel at 12:30 and our room was ready. We were pleased with that. Breakfast was very good. Hot and delicious. The woman taking care of the breakfast room was very friendly and. Our flight on Sunday didn't leave until 7:00 pm and we were allowed to stay in our room until 3:00 We will return again next year. Great place to stay.

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Room was spacious and comfortable, with a king sized bed and extra pillows. Bathroom was well stocked with towels, shampoo conditioner and soap. Hairdryer was available as well. There were only two of us, my husband and I travelling back to WI from Ct. The business center has a time limit for each guest, and it was a bit confusing to try to get to my email from the first screen. Breakfast was hot and good-lots of variety, and plenty of food-dishes were replenished quickly when necessary. The only thing I was disappointed in was the number and brightness of the lights in the room. Difficult to see to read anywhere except right at the room desk.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. Super clean & comfortable room, nice lobby. Great breakfast and my kids loved making their own pancakes. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool. The front desk staff was very nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very clean, and seems new. We stayed there on our trip from PA to Green Bay. Perfect that its right off the highway, and next to Notre Dame. Room was handicap accessible so the bathroom was larger. Would highly recommend for a quick easy stop!

• Stayed: August 2013