“Not the best Holiday Inn Express I've been to.”

Holiday Inn Express South Bend / Notre Dame
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in South Bend
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I am a Gold level member therefore have plenty of visits to Holiday Inns. As soon as I walked in the lobby smelled like a damp basement. Even though I was in a non-smoking room, it must have been a smoking room previously because it still smelled.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Bend / Notre Dame, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

I want to thank you for your feedback and for being a loyal Gold member. Customer Service is our top priority, and I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expections. I will take this feedback to our housekeeping staff so they can improve on those areas. I hope you let us make a better impression in the future should you come back to the South Bend Area, and continue to use the Holiday Inn Express Brand.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were greeted on arrival with a gift bag, thanking us for being priority club members. The room was very clean with bedding nicely made. Comfortable beds, plasma tv, refridge etc. very nice amenities. We had the pool and hot tub to ourselves! 88 in the pool and 103 hot tub...amazing! The whole pool area was spotless and nice with a workout room next door. All of the hotel was nicely decorated. I am writing this while in the room, so I haven't experienced the free breakfast yet, but if its anything like the rest of our experience I'm sure it'll be great. I don't understand some of the older negative reviews, other than they were a long time ago and they must have new management or they've learned from past comments and mastered perfection!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kingofsling
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Bend / Notre Dame, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

I want to think you for taking the time to leave such an awesome review. Customer Service is our top priority and I am happy to hear that everything during your stay was to your satisfaction. Yes, we take all reviews into consideration and hope to continue making strides in the future. I hope you will consider us your "home" away from home while in the South Bend area and all Holiday Inn Express brands for your travel needs.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed there two nights for business. The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. The beds were comfortable and the free breakfast was decent. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if in South Bend in the future.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Bend / Notre Dame, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our rooms and staff. Please remember to keep us in mind the next time you travel to the South Bend Area, and the Holiday Inn Express brand for all your travel needs.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Nice modern layout and design, clean and nicely appointed for the money. Staff was friendly; breakfast was good with hot fresh fully automatic pancake machine - first one I had seen. Good choice of healthy items too.
Ceilings in the mail hallway are hand painted with birds and lovely scenes, a nice touch.
Pool and hot tub looked good from the hallway but they were being maintained so were locked up when I wanted to use them. Too bad, could have used a jacuzzi for a tired back after a long travel day.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Bend / Notre Dame, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for sharing your experience with us! I'm glad you had an excellent time, and do apologize for the Jacuzzi for being maintenanced. We hope that you will consider us and the Holiday Inn Express brand for you future travel needs!

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

My game plan for the trips we make 3-4 times a year from the Omaha area to Scranton, PA to visit family is to stay in South Bend eastbound. That way we miss the Chicago traffic in the morning. We've stayed at this HI several times, and again last night. Very easy access to I80-90, and several dining options are nearby. The rooms are clean and the service is just fine; good beds and fairly quiet rooms.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank GratefulMo
Stephanie M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Bend / Notre Dame, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear GratefulMo,

I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback about your experience at the Holiday Inn Express South Bend. With guest satisfaction being our top priority, I am glad to hear that you enjoy our location, rooms and service.

I hope you continue to choose the Holiday Inn Express South Bend during your travels though South Bend and hope to see you again!

Again, thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My son and I stayed for a football weekend and found everything to be excellent. I see there have been some bad stays reported by others, but our two nights went wonderfully. The front desk staff was always helpful. The building and decor was modest and clean. We used the pool twice and found it fun and clean. Our room was excellent, noise was minimal, and the breakfast was great. I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear okmac,

I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback about your experience at the Holiday Inn Express South Bend. I am glad to hear the positive comments. Our top priority is guest satisfaction, and I am very pleased to hear that your stay was wonderful!

Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope to see you again next time you're in the South Bend area, or for the next Notre Dame Football Game you attend!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was shocked at how lovely this hotel was! Beautifully done, modern, clean. Service was terrific and a nice little breakfast was included, They had a small healthclub and an indoor pool. They had a shuttle bus to Notre Dame for $8 per person. We walked to the campus (about 2 miles to the Golden Dome) so it was so convenient. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear mmrjgolden,

I would like to take the time to thank you for your valuable feedback on your pleasent stay here at the Holiday Inn Express South Bend. I am glad you enjoyed our amenities such as fitness center and continental breakfast. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and we love it when we have happy guests!

Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope to see you again next time you're in the South Bend area.