“Great place to eat”

East Bank Emporium Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
East Bank Emporium Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 296 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Niles & Jefferson
Goshen, Indiana
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

One of my favorite places to dine! Excellent food with very good service. The view is great. Reserve a table on the upper deck.

• Visited February 2014

South Bend, Indiana
“Pretty restaurant, one of only two featuring outside dining on the river in the area.”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The Emporium has become our traditional pre Daddy-Daughter dance dinner destination each February. They have a pretty compact menu, reasonably priced. The atomosphere varies quite a bit depending upon where you are seated.

I don't think I've ever had a bad meal here, but also never a remarkable one. But I like the place.

The service inside has always been good. Outside, it has varied. But I think when the service has been less good has been on those odd days when the weather turned out to be vastly better than anticipated.

• Visited February 2014
Middlebury, Indiana
“Great dinner!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We had not been to the Emporium for a year or two, but had always enjoyed it in the past, so we decided to go there again tonight. We were surprised how empty it was for a Saturday night, but were pleased to get a table without a wait. (We were disappointed to see that the Mole Hole store in the same building had closed, because it had always made the wait more pleasant.) Our server, Adam, was very attentive, but not overly so ... just right! My steak was excellent, I enjoyed being able to sample blue cheese, horseradish, and mushroom toppings all on the same plate. My husbands sweet and sour shrimp special was good, but not outstanding. We enjoyed the quiet, cozy atmosphere and the nice view across the river. The other guests ranged from a few tables of teens out for their winter formal, to younger and older couples, and families. It is much more intimate than a lot of the restaurants with TV's on every corner! Overall, we were as satisfied as ever; we will not wait as long this time to come back again!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jennifer H
South Bend, Indiana
“Too many old people...which matches the decor”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Tables are too close together...just dined at the Emporium on Saturday evening...December 21st...we were seated at our table then after awhile a table of seniors were seated behind us and the older lady decided to push her chair up behind my chair and then start wiggling it hoping I would move MY chair!! Again, we were seated FIRST!!!! I just wiggled my chair right back and turned around and gave her the 'how rude' look. The place looks old and dirty.

• Visited December 2013
Plymouth, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We will be back!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I have always wanted to eat here but would forget about it, we had dinner before a show at the Morris. Great dinner! Our waitress was excellent. Very reasonable prices. We would definitely recommend to our friends.

Visited December 2013