“wonderful atmosphere, delicious food, great service!”

East Bank Emporium Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
East Bank Emporium Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 293 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Niles & Jefferson
Wisconsin
“wonderful atmosphere, delicious food, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Our family was looking for a nice night outon our vacation. This fit the bill perfectly. Wonderful service, delicious steak, swordfish, and pasta, friendly, accommodating service. Just what we had hoped to find.

• Visited July 2012

Collinsville, Illinois
“Good food, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We ate here at the suggestions of our hotel's front desk person. We weren't disappointed at all. I had the swordfish and the other 2 members of my family had steak. All were cooked well and tasted great. Our service was also very good. We ate outside and had a great view of the river. If we're ever in South Bend again, we'll come back.

• Visited July 2012
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Good Food - Very Reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Went with another couple - the food was very good and the portions were very very large. My wife ordered the roast pork and they served her a whole tenderloin! my fish and chips were very good. Our friends also like their specials - trout. Also nice view of the river.

• Visited June 2012
South Bend, Indiana
“Won't be back!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have to say that this restaurant is usually hit or miss for me. Sometimes the food is decent (nothing to rave about) and sometimes it is downright disgusting. Yesterday, I took my grandmother to lunch and it was by far the worst experience I've had there.

Food - completely disgusting. The quiche was overcooked; my grandmother couldn't even cut it with her knife! The chicken strips (that my daughter ordered) were so greasy...it was obvious that they haven't changed their oil in awhile. My mother-in-law had fish which came on a stale bun and the lettuce in my salad was wilty and brown. I kept thinking the entire time that the kitchen is probably disgusting.
Service - horrid. We waited for 30 minutes before getting lunch, had to ask for drink refills and the waiter was rude.
Atmosphere - needs updating! While this restaurant is on the river and while it has a nice deck, the inside needs to be desperately remodeled.

I have to say, we will not be back again.

• Visited June 2012
Niles, MI
“Good Food with Great View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

We enjoy taking visitors here to enjoy not only the food but the great water views.

• Visited March 2012