“Good Food - Very Reasonable”

East Bank Emporium Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
East Bank Emporium Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 294 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Niles & Jefferson
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Good Food - Very Reasonable”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Went with another couple - the food was very good and the portions were very very large. My wife ordered the roast pork and they served her a whole tenderloin! my fish and chips were very good. Our friends also like their specials - trout. Also nice view of the river.

• Visited June 2012

South Bend, Indiana
“Won't be back!”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have to say that this restaurant is usually hit or miss for me. Sometimes the food is decent (nothing to rave about) and sometimes it is downright disgusting. Yesterday, I took my grandmother to lunch and it was by far the worst experience I've had there.

Food - completely disgusting. The quiche was overcooked; my grandmother couldn't even cut it with her knife! The chicken strips (that my daughter ordered) were so greasy...it was obvious that they haven't changed their oil in awhile. My mother-in-law had fish which came on a stale bun and the lettuce in my salad was wilty and brown. I kept thinking the entire time that the kitchen is probably disgusting.
Service - horrid. We waited for 30 minutes before getting lunch, had to ask for drink refills and the waiter was rude.
Atmosphere - needs updating! While this restaurant is on the river and while it has a nice deck, the inside needs to be desperately remodeled.

I have to say, we will not be back again.

• Visited June 2012
Niles, MI
“Good Food with Great View”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We enjoy taking visitors here to enjoy not only the food but the great water views.

• Visited March 2012
South Bend, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ripoff”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We've been here before for lunch, and it was fine. Today we went for dinner, and it was a total ripoff. I ordered scallops w/ veggie risotto and there were four mini scallops that were way overcooked (embarrasing by any lights...especially because the dish was 18.99) and the risotto itself was undercooked. The risotto didn't taste half bad, but the scallops were gummy and flavorless. I'd rather have my money back. My wife got the seafood pasta, and it was a litte better. However, on the menu it said that it would have lobster and there was absolutely none to be found. My suggestion is to avoid the seafood at this restaurant. Perhaps others might have bette luck with other parts of the menu. On top of the disappointing food, the service was mediocre. Our server was training someone else, which is by no means a bad thing, but there were extremely long waits: before we got to order, between meals, and especially for the check. We won't be back to this place for a LOOONG time, certainly not for dinner and perhaps not for lunch either.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Joeus
Indiana
“Overall 100%”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Great staff. GREAT food. Lovely location and view. The historical look inside is fantastic. Would visit again.

Visited February 2012