“really cool old place!”

Tippecanoe Place Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tippecanoe Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 296 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Crown Point
“really cool old place!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

so, my friends saw we have a special treat for you tonight we are going to the "mansion" ummmm should I be scared LOL! This is the coolest place I have ever seen, okay like this place is right down town. It has rolling grassy places to walk with high bushes and wonderful trees. The grounds were just so... gosh, so.... beautiful. When I stopped to ask a very nice young man if they ever have weddings here? He said "oh boy and they are really a joy to have" and smiles and asked if we wanted to get more information he could direct us. Now this guy was busy, he was trying to work right? but he took the time to tell us about the place and by the time we left we were "experts!" I can't wait to go again. It was a bit pricey but good and, well, the atmosphere was just enthralling. Thank you for the help young man (I so wish we got his name).

South Bend, Indiana
“Over hyped”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We've been there several times; all but once taken there by someone. I think the food is overpriced. The food was good, but not great. The atmosphere decreases as you climb the stairs - stay on the main floor. They seated us once (the only time we went by ourselves) in the basement - horrible!!!!

1 Thank John A
Berrien Springs, Michigan
“Interesting historical location”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Teaching colleagues and I took a guest from Korea to the restaurant for Sunday brunch. Everyone else (except our guest and I) had been here previously and raved about it. Since I like historical places, I found it interesting to look around the house. The made-to-order omelet was especially good, but the rest of the fare didn't seem all that out of the ordinary and I'm not sure it was worth the $20+/per person (with tip) price tag. The value for me was more in the historical setting than the actual meal and that would be the only reason I'd go again and pay that much for brunch. I've paid that price for brunch in other locations and felt it was worth it, just not here.

Saint Joseph, Michigan
“overrated and overexpected”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Buffet was compared to a cheap buffet at an expensive price. Not enough selection-mosly breakfast items which are cheap to prepare-old restaurant in bad need of repair-waitresses were very aloof-not a pleasant experience

2 Thank eatoutalot364
El Dorado Hills, California
“Beautiful historic site”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Had dinner here with family...such a beautiful old home. I've never had walleye before and it was very good...others had the pork chop (looked like a very big serving) and said it was very good too. After dinner the waitress brought the dessert cart by...looked delicious but we were all too full. We were then invited to tour the building...it's beautiful! Would definitely recommend a visit to this historic home and restaurant.

• Visited September 2013