“location on 23”

Description: Corner of Jefferson & Michigan. Downtown South Bend
Retiro, Colombia
“location on 23”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This place is always very good. We went to the original location on 23 South of South Bend - where they started. We arrived via a Taxi from the South Bend airport after arriving from Colombia via Miami. The pizza was just as it always was with an incredible taste and the best sausage.. My wife a Colombian she was amazed and agreed with me. The service was great, the food was great and likewise the beer. The older lady was behind the cash register (she was old back when I was in high school too) just like numerous other visits when I grew up in SB. This is a must for pizza in SB. Unlike Colombia - South Bend (and the Northern US) has some of the best (to me) pizza places...

Visited June 2012

South Bend, Indiana
“Forget the rest - order a Bruno's Pizza!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We love this biggest, most loaded pizza anywhere in northern Indiana. Our favorite is "All the Meats with Double Meatballs, extra cheese, extra sauce, and add black olives" - which can only be ordered from the main restaurant because that is where the meatballs are! (State Road 23 SouthEast Side, South Bend). Order the largest pizza and you have to tip it sideways to get it in your front door!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Marcia1951
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Watch you sit”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Be careful where you sit. I ruined a pair of pants at a Bruno's restaurant the OWNER told us to buy some degreaser and clean them. The pizza was burnt on the bottom, they gave us a knife to scrap off the burned area.

1 Thank Carolyn N
Indiana
“Don't let negative reviews influence you on New Carlisle”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I'm a Hoosier and I have had pizza at many places throughout the states. As far as I am concerned the New Carlisle Bruno's is a CLEAN, friendly place. Here in Indiana we have Health department inspections regularly and if Bruno's restaurant or restrooms were filthy the place would have been closed down long ago. I have NEVER experienced seeing it unclean. I admit that it is much quicker to get your pizza if you dine in than if you order over the phone but the quality of food is excellent. I have walked in the shoes of a waitress when I was young and I can understand they may have a bad day. The Florida visitor sounds like a difficult person to me. If he was treated rudley then I ask "Has he never had a bad day?" Give Bruno's a break and give them a try. Merry Christmas and God Bless.

• Visited December 2012
South Bend, Indiana
“Family Italian”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is a family style Italian resturant with a sports/bar. Great Pizza and other traditional Italian dishes. We have eaten here many times over the years.

Visited March 2012