“Overrated”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I grew up in South Bend, but I've never been to Nick's until recently. I wonder if the high rates are nostalgia votes or I hope that my experience was just an off one. The food was awful. I ordered what was supposed to be a Greek dish of lemon chicken with feta. I couldn't taste the lemon and was given ONE CUBE of feta. The meal was bland and very non-spectacularly presented. It was a generous portion, but I left most of it on the plate. When the waitress came to remove the plates, she didn't ask if I wanted a take home box. I would have declined, but she should have asked. On the other hand, my friend who was dining with me enjoyed her spinach and berry salad very much. The place could use some updating as well in the decor department. Maybe my hopes were too high because I've been hearing about this place for years. I don't plan to go again.

There are newer reviews for Nick's Patio

Reviewed August 30, 2013

......but somehow my plate is always empty when I'm done. It's not the best food I've ever eaten but it certainly is great liver & onions. This is my favorite spot in South Bend for liver and onions. I know some of you are cringing at the very thought of that. If you are one of the few of us who love this delicacy, this is the spot to get it in South Bend. It's also about the only place. A friend and I make regular liver & onion outings here. I've had breakfast there a few times and it is great too. Large servings, friendly service, good food, decent prices.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Sounds like a good place to avoid, based on the mgmt's acceptance of teenage boys to be rude and abusive to disabled female customers. I won't ever stop here on my way through SB.

5  Thank Veloise
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you want some good cooking with homemade flavor, this is the place for you!
They never disappoints me! I have been there for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Th1
waitresses are sweet and aim to please. The prices are great and everyone in our group loved their food, from chopped steak to salads . Tasted good left over too... the next day. The pie was great and sides were tasty. We left full and happy!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We were looking for somewhere to eat in South Bend after 9:30PM on a Sunday night. This is a challenge! We were so happy to find Nick's Patio. They have an enormous menu.

We had a very nice waiter although he didn't seem to know too much about the menu.

We started with the appetizer combo, it was delicious! Everything was golden and crispy - yum!

We both had the french onion soup and it was really, really good.

By the time our meals came we were stuffed. I ordered the roast chicken with mashed potatoes and stuffing. It was really incredible. There was butternut squash or something (the waiter didn't know) in the stuffing that was so incredibly tasty.

My friend ordered the chicken philly sandwich but ended up with another sandwich, it was good so he kept it.

We took a ton of leftovers home. It was really, really yummy!