“Great German pancake!”

Original Pancake House
Ranked #31 of 293 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sarasota, Florida
“Great German pancake!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

On a recent trip back to Mishawaka, we had to go eat at the old Bibler's (now just The Original Pancake House). The german pancake was still awesome. The baked omelette could have used a lot more cheese, but it was still very, very good.

The place was packed to the gills and servers were running around everywhere. The only problem we had was the lack of attention we received from our server. We sat a long time before our order was taken - which actually was understandable, given the busy day. The problem was that she was in such a hurry that she never gave us any real service. The extra butter, powdered sugar, etc., had to be asked for 3 times as she ran by. Finally another server dumped them at the table with a sour look. Be busy, but take the extra 15 seconds to smile and make some kind of contact!

Did I mention the German Pancake was amazing?!?!

• Visited August 2014

Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Most pancakes ever at a great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I visited South Bend earlier this month and was looking for a great breakfast. I found it with the original pancake house! This is the most pancakes I've ever had on my plate and at a great price. The atmosphere was all college town. Regulars sitting around e changing tales. Great to know there are still these types of places!

“Early morning breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

As a huge fan of the original pancake house I've made it a goal to eat at as many as possible. So far I have eaten at 7 in 5 states. This one opened nice and early on a Sunday. Our server did a great job considering she looked ready to fall asleep on a moments notice. I'm pretty sure thats also the way I looked. I had the Dutch baby like ways. It was very tasty. My husband had fresh strawberry crepes. My older boys both had chocolate chip pancakes. My youngest ordered pancakes and an egg from the kids menu. The pancakes were HUGE! The coffee and orange juice were both fresh. Plates were cleaned off and no one asked to eat again for hours.

Hartford, Connecticut
“The Best Pancakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

My title says it all. This place makes the best pancakes, period! They have an extensive breakfast menu, including omelets, other egg and meat choices, and waffles, but its all about the pancakes here.

Visited July 2014
Allegan, Michigan
“Wish We Didn't Live So Far Away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

This place was PACKED when we arrived on a Sunday morning at about 11AM, and when we got in line we couldn't even get into the building, but we still didn't wait more than 10 minutes for a table. We had prompt, friendly service, and the food was excellent! And huge! The large 4-egg omelets are stuffed full of cheese, and they are served with potatoes AND three pancakes... I added blueberries, and they were delish! The fresh-squeezed orange juice was very tasty but overpriced for the tiny glass, but the rest of the portions made up for it. We would be regulars if we didn't live almost 2 hours away!

• Visited June 2014