“new place for me”

Parisi's Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Parisi's Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 318 Restaurants in South Bend
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Parisi’s Ristorante Italiano, South Bend, Indiana, has been offering the most authentic Italian food and dining experience in Northern Indiana since 1981.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We, 3 guys ate at bar football Friday the place was packed. The bar was great. Service was excellent, the drinks were good and the food was very good.

tmparisi, Son of Owner at Parisi's Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you very much for dining with the Parisi family, we truly appreciate it! Since 1981 we have strived to offer the most authentic Southern Italian cuisine in the area, and we continue to work towards that goal every day.

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind remarks while reviewing our family’s restaurant. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your experience in the lounge on a Football Friday, a very busy time for us. We have just recently (October 2013) finished quite an aesthetic renovation inside and will be introducing a new exciting menu in the coming months. We hope to see you again, next time you are in town.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

When your in South Bend you must go to Parisi's for diner. You get great service with great Italian food. The host Roberto and Diane really take care of you. Very friendly staff, great drinks, and if the weather is right a great outdoor patio with a full service bar. I have eaten here many times and never had the same thing twice as I like to try new things and always have been satisfied and surprised by the quality of food. Just a great dinning experience and you can not go wrong.

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind remarks while reviewing our family’s restaurant. We have just recently (October 2013) finished quite an aesthetic renovation inside and will be introducing a new exciting menu in the coming months. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Parisi's was fine for taking 3 college girls out to dinner before we left them for the first time at college. Food was good, not wow. Prices were fair. Garlic bread amazing. Service good. I ordered chicken Parisi and it was fresh and very good. If you are looking for an italian restaurant close to campus that has something for everyone on the menu, this is the place to go!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Based on a recommendation, 9 of us went to Parisi's for what we were told was fantastic Italian food. Our waitress came to our table and asked to take our order. I was the first one on the end and asked what they were known for, the house speciality. Veal or chicken parmigiana was what our waitress recommended, however something else caught my eye and I asked her to take the other guests order and come back to me. She then abruptly put away her pen and pad and said, I was the first on the line and she would only start with me, first time I had ever heard of that. She then walked away and left 9 people waiting for 20 minutes without even bread. She ran around and skillfully avoided eye contact till she felt she was ready to come back. Having taken our order she disappeared again leaving us to fend for ourselves, no water refills, no bread. When the meals finally arrived mine was in great shape, healthy piece of chicken, great southern Italian sauce and spagetti (not home made like the ravioli, but I'm not complaining). Three of the guests had the Osoboco and it was flavorless and the wrong rice was used for the risotto, first time I have seen my diabetic friend reach for salt. My wife's veal piccata was very nice however the big heap of spagetti and sauce in a bowl seemed a little ham handed, again this is not a complaint just an observation. So you see a table of nine and one person is not eating, because they don't have any food.... for 15 minutes. When her meal finally came out most of us had almost finished and the excuse was that she did not put in the order, when we asked what was happening our waitress said "It's okay, she'll be fine" - don't know what that means. Our friend did not eat her cold meal and our waitress was quick to offer a 50% discount on her meal. Something to understand here, I'm sure this is fine dining in South Bend, most of the food was fine and our drink waitress was sweet and attentive (in fact we tried to tip her directly but she refused having seen the terrible service we had received). This gripe is about one person who probably had a bad day and we just got in the way... all 9 of us! The final kick in the teeth was when we asked our drink server for the manager and she told us it was OUR waitress! I really hope Parisi's gives this woman some time off, I think she needs a break.

When we left we saw the owner or his mom at the door, very sweet lady, and I think she would have died of shame knowing what had happened to us. This seems like a nice place with lots of fans and local history, I don't wish them ill, I just hope for a correction in the managers idea of customer service.

1  Thank acvoyatzis

Thank you very much for dining with the Parisi family, we truly appreciate it! Since 1981 we have strived to offer the most authentic Southern Italian cuisine in the area, and we continue to work towards that goal, every day.

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your review, as we do appreciate the feedback. We have been so busy with football season that I am just now getting around to answering reviews... sorry I have gotten to this so late. The service description you have outlined is alarming and I am glad you have brought it to our attention. This is in no way an accurate representation of the type of experience we want to offer our patrons, and as such, does not align with our passion. Please be assured that though late, this will still be addressed internally. While I am glad the rest of your experience went well, I am sorry it was not up to your standard.

We have just recently (October 2013) finished quite an aesthetic renovation inside and will be introducing a new exciting menu in the coming months. We hope you find the time to give us another shot!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Parisi's is an institution in South Bend. Within sight of the Notre Dame campus, many famous people have eaten there--and weren't disappointed. The food is terrific, the prices are affordable, and the staff bends over backward to see that your evening is enjoyable. It is usually busy and noisy--but isn't that just like an Italian family kitchen? South Bend is lucky to have two very good Italian restaurants--and Parisi's is one of them. If you are in town, don't miss it.

tmparisi, Son of Owner at Parisi's Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind remarks while reviewing our family’s restaurant. We hope to see you again soon!