“Bad chocolate”
Review of Chocolate Cafe - CLOSED

Chocolate Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Not good chocolate. Vini's and Kilwin's is much better. They really don't seem to care about customers.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We just happened upon this restaurant looking for a place for lunch. Loved the decor! Half of it was the restaurant the other half was a candy shop and play area. We were there on St. Patricks day and their special was a reuben sandwich for $6.00. It came with chips (tasted homemade),slaw, and a pickle. They even died the saurkraut green! Very good, and a big sandwich for the cost. They offfered a lot of different candy for Easter and had some old time candy as well. You could get a bottle of flavored soda off the wall. Many,many different flavors! I had black raspberry! The only thing I thought strange- there was no soda fountain option, so all drinks (except coffee) was bottled and they did not recycle. I can't imagine all the bottles they threw away. After lunch we had a ballgame ,at the stadium close by, and it was very cold so one of the people we were with offered to get some hot drinks from the chocolate cafe. I had the cherry jubilee hot chocolate. Awesome! Great hot chocolate which tasted like they put in maraschino cherry juice and it had 2 cherries! We had the ballgame to get to so didn't have a lot of time to look around and buy any sweets.I jwould go back for sure and enjoy some lunch and chocolate!

2  Thank cherylmorgan
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The South Bend Chocolate Cafe serves deserts such as giant slices of cheesecake and ice cream and of course lots of chocolate, an assortment of coffees, lunch style food (i.e. sandwiches, soups, salads) They have a candy/card shop connected to the store along with a indoor play area for children. Very nice for kids to play while parents sip on coffee. In the summer they have an outdoor seating area that we always enjoy.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Its a popular place around South Bend, their chocolate is certainly delicious, good brownies, fudge etc. Their actual food is only OK, not anything to draw any Michelin Stars. I'm not personally a fan of their coffee etc. Their hot chocolate is very good too, since they use their own chocolate.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I am originally from Ft. Wayne, IN and I'm partil to DeBrand's chocolate, but I decided to give this a try. I got the milk chocolate covered caramels. For the price, I was expecting to be blown away like I am when I get the same at DeBrand's Chocolate. I was disappointed and probably won't go there again.