“Good show”

Morris Performing Arts Center
Ranked #9 of 53 things to do in South Bend
More attraction details
Owner description: The HOTTEST tickets in town are at the MAGNIFICENT MORRIS! Originally opened in 1922, The MAGNIFICENT Morris is listed in the National Historic Register and completed a restoration and renovation process in 2000 of the stage house and interior restored to its original vaudeville splendor. The Morris is the HOTTEST TICKET in Northwest Indiana for live entertainment! The theater hosts a wide variety of concerts, national Broadway touring musicals, symphony..., Dance, comedians, children's/family shows, and is home to the South Bend Symphony Orchestra and Broadway Theatre League. The Morris has a seating capacity of 2,564 and is consistently ranked by Pollstar concert industry magazine among the top 100 theaters worldwide. The Morris has been awarded a "Prime Site Award" by Facilities Magazine for several years (voted on by over 10,000 people in the entertainment industry - booking agents, promoters, talent buyers and special event planners.)
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I didn't like the way I was treated at the box office when I purchased tickets. I also didn't like the way I was treated by ushers. No one seemed welcoming just demanding that we hurry up, show our tickets, get seated. Box office people acted like they were doing me a favor in selling me 4 expensive tickets.
The show was great.

1  Thank 249anonymous
Mary S, Director of Marketing & Promotions at Morris Performing Arts Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at the MOVE LIVE ON TOUR show. Your comments regarding the box office and ushers will be given to the Box Office Manager and Operations Supervisor of the volunteer ushers. This was a completely sold out and very busy show; however, we want all patrons to have a great experience when they come to shows at the Morris.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I had been here many times for different productions over the years, it is a beautiful theater and the Broadway shows, (Stomp! and Titanic), and comedy acts (Brian Regan), and many others have been either good or very good.

We at the Morris are happy that you enjoy coming to see shows!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We have seen many concerts and shows at the Morris through the years. This beautiful theatre has been restored and is a real joy to go to. The only bad seats were at a recent concert with Brit Floyd. The speakers on each side of the stage were so big that it blocked part of the view. For most shows this is not a problem.
They serve alcoholic drinks, although somewhat pricey. And you can take them to your seat!!

1  Thank Bill Y
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Enjoyed seeing the Jersey Boys here. It was our first visit and will not be the last. Yes, the seats are somewhat tight, as are airplane seats and most live theatre venues, making me think twice about attending these events, but we enjoyed ourselves anyway. Every time I go to a live theatre event or concert, I am reminded that I would be more comfortable if I would lose 30 pounds! The theatre is beautiful, however. It is affordable compared to larger city venues. The sound and quality of the production was excellent.

Mary S, Director of Marketing & Promotions at Morris Performing Arts Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

We're so happy to hear that you enjoy your visits to the MAGNIFICENT Morris Performing Arts Center! The Morris does have some larger seats located on the main floor. Patrons can phone the Box Office directly at 574-235-9190 or 800-537-6415 to inquire about these seat locations.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

This place is beautiful and I have been there many times to see shows like STOMP and Gabriel Iglesias.

The place is beautiful and the service and help from staff is excellent!

Seats are a little tight, but I always sit between people I know.

We're happy to hear that you enjoy your experiences at the Morris! The theater does have some larger seats on the main floor. Patrons can call the Box Office at 574-235-9190 or 800-537-6415 and staff will be happy to assist with these seat locations.