“great venue”

Morris Performing Arts Center
Ranked #9 of 53 things to do in South Bend
More attraction details
Owner description: The HOTTEST tickets in town are at the MAGNIFICENT MORRIS! Originally opened in 1922, The MAGNIFICENT Morris is listed in the National Historic Register and completed a restoration and renovation process in 2000 of the stage house and interior restored to its original vaudeville splendor. The Morris is the HOTTEST TICKET in Northwest Indiana for live entertainment! The theater hosts a wide variety of concerts, national Broadway touring musicals, symphony..., Dance, comedians, children's/family shows, and is home to the South Bend Symphony Orchestra and Broadway Theatre League. The Morris has a seating capacity of 2,564 and is consistently ranked by Pollstar concert industry magazine among the top 100 theaters worldwide. The Morris has been awarded a "Prime Site Award" by Facilities Magazine for several years (voted on by over 10,000 people in the entertainment industry - booking agents, promoters, talent buyers and special event planners.)
Reviewed October 15, 2013

great venue - easy access - good prices - great shows!

The venue is very comfortable, the access by car is very easy and the building is a great venue for a show.

The prices are very affordable/reasonable and you can see great performers -- sign up for presale info.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have been here a few times to see concerts, the South Bend Symphony Orchestra, and even Wicked. I love the atmosphere of the Morris and I love what it brings to South Bend. The nice thing is that there really MANY great seats at an affordable price here. I have been near the front stage and almost as far away as you could get. I don't like the far away seats too much but I will say that even then, you can greatly enjoy any show from up there, but it is harder to see. I do try to not get up in the 3rd balcony if I can help it.

The theater itself is also very beautiful. I love going sometimes just to look around! I love the historic feel to the theater and just enjoy the atmosphere every time I go. I also love that it is so close to many great South Ben restaurants. I highly recommend coming early for good parking, sitting down to enjoy a great dinner, and then ending the evening at the Morris. It'll be a wonderful experience!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Hold season tix for Broadway series and see several other performances. Great views and an overall great venue. Parking is not a problem.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Morris is a beautiful theater and a beautiful place to see a concert, play or musical without having to drive to Chicago. I go as often as I can and am thrilled we have such a lovely venue in South Bend.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Morris Performing Arts Center is beautiful for shows and concerts. If its a show you really want to see I recommend splurging on tickets that put you closer. Have seen many shows here but most recent was WICKED and regret sitting in 3rd balcony. Sometimes it's worth it to sit up front. All shows I have seen here were wonderful, RENT, Blue Man Group, ZZ Top, Third Day, CATS, Harry Connick. Sound is wonderful. A great place to sit is front row of first balcony. Also if you can catch a meal before the show go for it! The buffet is fun and desserts are plentiful, staff are very professional and helpful. Have never had a negative experience here. Enjoy!