“New favorite”
Review of Cafe Navarre

Cafe Navarre
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Navarre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 307 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington
Description: A warm, inviting atmosphere best defines Cafe Navarre. Clearly one of downtown South Bend's most attractive buildings from the exterior, and the view from inside Cafe Navarre is nothing short of breathtaking. The fusion of Old World style architecture with natural light and the finest interior furnishings, the ambiance of Cafe Navarre is truly one of a kind.The style of food offered by Cafe Navarre includes French, Italian and Spanish. Cuisine distinguished by simplicity, full flavor, and healthiness describes the overall style. Cafe Navarre's menu also offers more fresh fish options than what other local restaurants typically offer.Dishes created with farm to table sources are unmistakable in flavor and quality. These are regularly featured at Cafe Navarre, along with an array of top shelf wines at prices that our customers return frequently to enjoy.Private Rooms: For your special event or business meeting, Cafe Navarre can seat up to 20 guests in each of three private meeting rooms.
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Wife and I had dinner after a Saturday show. Amazing. Apps, soups, entrees were all wonderful. One if my favorite soups, cream of mushroom, was the best I've ever had. My wife's beet salad was great.

We WILL return!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I ate here for dinner with my boyfriend before a show at the Morris. We had soup, two entrees (chicken) and a reasonably priced bottle of red wine and it was over $150. Way too much for the quality and taste of the food which was nothing special. The inside is beautiful and the service was average. I enjoyed LaSalle Grill more (food wise, not ambiance). Probably won't be back.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We made reservations (4 people) for Valentines Day evening. Our table was ready in a timely manner. I believe we had one of the nicest locations in the building, located in the 'clock tower room'. It was away from the traffic, a nice view of the outside and overview on the main floor. Our waitress was very helpful and attentive, even on a busy holiday evening. Each of us ordered something different on the menu and we were all exceptionally pleased. The salmon was moist and delicious, the duck breast was excellent (loved the glaze), the steak melted in your mouth like butter, and the pork chop was heavenly. I was a little disappointed that the "Prawns" were more like large shrimp, but they were delicious. I had a Navarre salad which was very tasty also. We couldn't resist dessert even though we were past "full". Each couple shared a piece of Key Lime pie which equalled in 'excellent'. A perfect evening thanks to the perfection of the fantastic venue. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've eaten at Navarre 3 times in the past month. Lunch is excellent. Great value with superb service as well as an amazing atmosphere. The food is very clean and always fresh. The dinner menu is very original and offers some amazing items. I recommend it to anyone looking for a legit finedining experience.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Beautiful atmosphere, delicious food, eclectic menu, polite, prompt service. Great place for date night. Highly recommend.

Been to Cafe Navarre? Share your experiences!