“Treated Like Family”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Danbury, Connecticut
“Treated Like Family”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

This was my first visit to the Ivy Court when my son and I travelled out to see the Notre Dame campus. My worst nightmare came true, however, when I found out my departing flight out of South Bend Airport was cancelled due to weather. Thank God Jen, the Sales Manager, was at the desk that morning because she became my Guardian Angel that day. She made numerous phone calls for me to try to find an alternative means of transportation to Chicago where I needed to catch my connecting flight. When she found out there was a bus leaving Notre Dame and heading to O'Hare Airport in an hour she personally drove my son and I to the bus stop to make sure we wouldn't miss it!! If it wasn't for Jen I never would have made it home that evening. I felt like she treated me like family! Not to mention the hotel was great, the location convenient to Notre Dame, and the complimentary breakfast outstanding!! I will never stay anywhere else but the Ivy Court when traveling to South Bend.
Thanks Jen for all you did - you went above and beyond for us!!!

1 Thank joannm1965

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed February 22, 2012

There was a mix up in our reservations (caused entirely by me). When we finally got a room across town, the manager Jennifer Thomas called a cab for us. When informed it would be a half hour wait, she got someone to take us IN HER CAR. I would highly recommend this hotel. We have stayed at the hotel many times and have never been disappointed.

1 Thank william m
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stay in hotels in the MI, IL, and IN on average 6 nights per month. This was my first time staying at this hotel. Generally I stay in chain hotels but I decided to give this place a try. If you are looking for a hotel located close to ND this would be a good place to stay. If you are looking for a good quality I would probably look in a different direction.
The staff was very friendly and helpfull. However.....
I could hear just about everything going on around my room due to very thin walls!! I felt like I was in a tent. Above the bed there was a horrible patch job on the ceiling. Personally, if given the option I would try to avoid this place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Cheese1318
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We were in South Bend to attend a women's hockey game (against the Badgers - go Badgers!). The Ivy Court Inn & Suites is located a block away from the new Compton Ice Arena - so very convenient. Wonderful breakfast at Ivy Court, great lobby to mingle in, and a staff always willing to help. Room was perfect. Nice to stay at a local place, even if I didn't get my Hilton points.

1 Thank Joanne S
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I received an excellent rate for this hotel through Hotwire. My hubby and I chose this place based on the 100% recommendation rating from other guests on the Hotwire site. It did not disappoint! The spacious rooms and a comfortable bed made it a nice stay. The hotel is right on the edge of the Notre Dame campus where the baseball stadium is located. The room had a kitchenette area with a sink, small refrigerator and microwave with plenty of cabinet space. The hot breakfast served in the morning was an extra bonus and was delicious. Check-in was easy and the staff was very personable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Terri C
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Ivy Court due to an unexpected issue at my home. Aside from being reeeaaallllly upset about the abrupt displacement of my family and me, I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful this quaint hotel was. The staff was amazing in accommodating us (without reservations) and put us in a beautiful suite overlooking Notre Dame and the complimentary hot breakfast was delicious. I truly appreciated the pleasantry of Jen who was very understanding and very helpful when I know I was a complete mess due to our situation. I definitely definitely recommend this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Dawn M
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We so enjoyed staying at Ivy Court. The Staff was so helpful especially Jennifer Thomas. The room was very clean and comfortable, the breakfast was not your normal continental breakfast it was an unexpected treat. They even helped us with a location for our family to meet. We could not have asked for anything better. Such a great experience and would recommend to all my family and friends. Thank you so much Ivy Court.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family