“Travel across country”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in South Bend
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This motel 6 is scary--very scary. Just arrived about two hours ago and afraid to go to sleep, seriously. Never, ever will stay here again. Would leave now but it is late and my two dogs and my brother are asleep. People are still trolling around outside and talking loudly. Afraid that my car will be vandalized. No kidding--DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! I regret I did not read the previous comments before booking this room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kathy L

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were on an extended road trip and wanted to keep the costs down so stayed at Motel 6 - five times - and this one was by far the WORST. The only thing good about this stay was the pool; it was very clean. The room was dirty and smelled of smoke (a NON-smoking room!). One of the beds was lumpy, hard and smelly. The bathroom was dirty. Even the TV was old and worn out! We stayed because it was very late. Had it been only a couple of hours earlier, we would not have stayed. Granted, this was not advertised as "upgraded/remodeled" as were a few of the others - which were quite nice and good value for the cost. So if you want or need to stay at a Motel 6, be sure it is advertised as having "all new rooms." I have only rated this "poor" instead of "terrible" because the staff was cheerful and helpful - not their fault the owners are cheap!

Room Tip: Best tip - just don't stay there.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JoAnn A
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We booked this place because we were going to the Notre Dame game and the price was right. You can expect to pay at least double or triple the cost of a night at Motel 6. The bed was - well - there are not words to describe it - immediately upon seeing the condition I checked for bedbugs - thank goodness there were none but removed the bedspread and I guess you can call it a blanket and put it in the corner of the very small room. My husband and myself slept on top of the sheets and wore our clothes to bed. Our son and family had another room which smelled of smoke and dogs and it caused our grandson to get a coughing spell (asthma). There was a family of dead bugs on their windowsill and we had two dead bugs and as we were cleaning that up we found a live bug going across the room - don't know what it was?? My daughter-in-law did go down to the desk and told them the problems and they did refund our second night. We had to stay because it was late but immediately called another hotel for the second night. This place needs a complete overhaul. Never again!!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Chloe027
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Although a bargain, this motel is very rough - the rooms aren't particularly clean and smelled of smoke and dog. Check in took forever despite the lovely lady behind the counter. Seemed like a dodgy student hook up motel and not faith instilling seeing the state trooper do loops of the parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 17, 2011

stayed here a while on business. It is adequate, was clean enough, and it was a bargain. The room was typical Motel 6, no frills. You have to pay for internet which would be ok--but half the time it isnt working. With so many travellers today needing wifi tokeep in touch, this is a serious defect.
The staff at the front desk were mostly pleasant, helpful, and kind. My experiences with them were very postive. However, avoid at all costs the desk clerk named Ruby. Ruby loves having a little power, and uses it. Very negative, will automatically say no to anything. She loves to make things hard for others, which is not a good trait in a desk clerk. I learned very quickly to avoid her, and deal with the more congenial staff members. One day I was in line behind an 80 year old man with a wife in a wheel chair, and listened to Ruby degrade and humiliate him for asking what seemed to be perfectly ordinary questions. Another time in front of numerous customers, she announced to one and all that the other workers there did not do their job, she was the only worker in the place, and that the management did not know how to properly manage the hotel. Very poor example of a Motel 6 employee, and one that does not belong there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank CaliforniaJacks_man
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I expect Motel 6 to be basic, even worn, but clean. This place was dirty -- really dirty! Stains on the bedspread, mold in the toilet, dried mud/sludge on the bathroom floor, broken lock -- gross! I was too tired last night to deal with it. I left in the morning without showering.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank TravelBugSacramento
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Motel 6 is a cheap motel. Therefore, don't expect amenities like free wifi, toiletries abound, and big towels. They have to make money somehow. The motel did exactly what I needed it to do: give rest to a weary traveler, on the cheap. I'm not there to be pampered, I'm there to sleep. Mission accomplished.

• Stayed: July 2011