“Best sushi in the area!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Matuba Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 295 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: Japanese
“Best sushi in the area!!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for not only amazing quilty sushi but also an amazing verity of sushi well this is the place. The owner/chef and his wife make you feel really appreciated, they make you feel like a friend. Never been treated so nicely dinning at a restaurant. I love sushi, eat it on a regular basis, and have tried every place in this area more than once even though I had a bad experience. I know as a chef sometimes you don't get the best experience so If a place has a good following I will give them another chance. With that all said this matubas has the best sushi in the area. After being to every place numerous time I crave matubas sushi and find it hard to go get sushi anywhere els. It's not a fancy ritzy place it's average inside but I'm not there for the atmosphere I'm there for their amazing sushi. That's why 9/10 times I go to matubas. Have turned soo many people onto them and they thank me. I hope this was helpfull : )

Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Amazing sushi --- in South Bend!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was quite a find! We eat here 2 times a month, without a doubt our favorite place for date night. Interior design NOT fancy, but sushi is AMAZING. Fresh, generous portions, creative rolls with lots of fish. Friendly waitstaff and owner is sushi chef who always remembers us and greets us warmly.

Casual and comfortable. Food is worth the wait!

• Visited October 2012
South Bend, IN
“Best Sushi in South Bend”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I've been to Matuba many times, and I consistently find it to be the best sushi in town. Not all of the rolls are amazing, and some of the other non-sushi food is only average, but the makimono rolls, though expensive, are some of the best sushi I've ever had. The flavors are so rich and delicious, I find myself having to spend a long time savoring each bite. As someone who usually eats very quickly, this is rare praise from me.

Robert, the sushi chef (and perhaps the business owner, not sure about that), is extremely friendly, and seems to know the names of nearly everyone that walks in. Most of the customers are regulars who can't stop coming back.

I highly recommend the Monica roll.

• Visited August 2012
Niles, Michigan
“We love Matuba's”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Have been going to Matuba's for 12 years. Robert, the owner, is the sushi chef and by far makes the best sushi in the area. We have tried all the others and they do not compare in taste, quality or value to Matuba's. As others have noted the wait can be lengthy at times but it is well worth it.

South Bend
“Always hits the spot!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Best sushi around. Try the Maggie/Nora roll! Robert and his staff are lots of fun and take good care of you. It is not the spot when you are in a hurry, but great when you want to catch up with good friends and have great food.

• Visited June 2012