Comfort Suites University Area
$179
  • Restaurant
$114
$98
Sleep Inn South Bend(South Bend)(Great Value!)
$100
$85
SleepInn
Comfort Suites(South Bend)(Great Value!)
$104
$157
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
$139
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleansteak and shakethe hotel offersnotre damecoffee tableanyone travelingfirst floorwould stay here againfast foodsouth bend areagreat rooma great stayenjoyed my stayfree breakfaststaff was very friendlyeasy access
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed here during Memorial Weekend for a soccer tournament. This place had a good size room with a nice greeting area. There was easy access to this location, and easy access to the main roads. It was an average hotel stay. The only problems I had was that they used way to much chlorine in the pool. My kids eyes were buring after 5 minutes. Also I wished they would have taken more effort to clean up mess on the side walk were someone got sick. They just rinsed it off the edge, and when we were loading up the car it was a horrible stench.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We booked this hotel for our sons graduation from ND. After reading the previous review I didn't know what to expect. We are here now & this really is fine. Nothing to worry about. It is not a 5 star by any means but is decent and our room is clean. Bathroom was clean. A decent work area, micro & mini fridge & tiny coffee maker for 1 cup. We are in a room with 2 doubles & a sofa that pulls out. I think the previous reviewer was disgruntled guest. We hv usually stayed at the hilton garden inn or st, Mary's inn &suites but chose this because it was a lot cheaper for the graduation wkd. Only 1.5 miles from campus. I wldnt have any problem staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank linguica
Reviewed January 20, 2012

The room was terrible! There was poop all over the toilet in the bathroom! My little had to use it as soon as we got their. I was not about to clean it so I call down stairs and they were supposed to be up to clean it. The bed didn't look right so I checked the sheets and they were soaked with urine! By that time I was really getting irritated and still no one showed up to take care of the other situation . After a while longer I could no longer take it I was not about to stay with my little one in that nasty disgusting Rommel I will never ever go back their!

Room Tip: I will never come back to this comfort suites
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 638Anna
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We needed a place to stay during a notre dame football weekend... The hotels in the area typically ask you stay 2nights and jack up the price. Comfort suites was no different... Over $300/night for a king with a pull out sleeper. Expected more for this price, but... We were sorely disappointed. Bedding was over-worn, especially blankets, but did appear clean. Pillows were stained. Heat/a/c unit either froze us or smelled funny, leaked, and gurgled whenever on, even on "fan only". No extra pillows available. Towels were over-used and we kept having to ask for more when it was clear more than 2 people were staying in the room. Bathroom was utilitarian, but floors did not look terribly clean, especially baseboards. There were cracks in tub joints and it felt "squishy" under the tub when standing in it, as if there was water or something soggy - there was "give" when it should have felt solid under my feet. And,room was small. On the positive side, there was enough parking. They were running a shuttle to game (we did not use). They did honor our request to be located away from elevator. And they had a spirit shop (temporary) located in the lobby. We won't be staying here again, unfortunately.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This hotel is somewhat isolated but very nice. The rooms are huge with microwave and fridge along with a flat-screen tv. Very clean room and hallways.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple