Lowest prices for your stay
$60
Free cancellation until 12/17/21
Hotels.com$60
Official Website$60
Trip.com$71
All reviews room was clean priced right stayed one night motel tv
Selected filters
Reviewed May 25, 2017

This is an old, very tired property that is being neglected. Apparently, the ownership/managerial person(s) are good with the state of the property.

The photos attached say much. The condition of the property speak volumes as to the perspective of the decision-makers.

The cost of my room was in the $60 - $70 range. In my opinion, it was a $34-40 room.

I would not stay at the property again. On my return trip next week, I'll find a different property in South Bend.

Caveat Emptor!

Room tip: Choosing a good room? Consider another property!
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
abvisouthbend, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn South Bend at Notre Dame, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2017

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your feedback. I am truly sorry for the issue that you encountered
during your recent stay with us.
We recently had some work done in attic and we have access to attic from that
Room. During the work while the room was out of service the crew damaged the
wall behind the furniture which we did not notice. You somehow noticed the damage
behind the furniture and uploaded the pictures. If you read all the past reviews on
TripAdvisor you will come to the conclusion that the issue was in that room only. We
have corrected the issue and I wish if you would have brought to our attention then
We would have upgraded you to King bed for the inconvenience.
Thanks.

Reviewed October 17, 2016

We stayed here while in town for a Notre Dame game. The room and bathroom was clean, although you can tell the shower wasn't brand new. We felt safe staying in the room and weren't concerned about leaving our valuables in the room all day while we were out and about. The hotel is only about a mile and a half from Note Dame, we drove but we saw some people walking to the campus. Lots of places to eat close by (within walking distance). It's on a very busy road but we didn't have a problem getting in and out of the parking lot.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed September 15, 2016

This Inn is close to ND, very clean. I checked the reviews before we stayed. True!! The service at the front desk was excellent. We paid $82 on a none-game Friday night. I know it's more when there's a game. The mattress was a little too firm for me. And the breakfast was fresh & good!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ann9010
Reviewed September 5, 2016

Chose hotel based on other TripAdvisor reviews, and wasn't disappointed. This place isn't fancy by any means, but it's clean and comfortable. Rooms are basic, but appear to have been updated within the last year. For a typical two-story hotel right by the Toll Road, it was very quiet, too. Hotel manager could not have been friendlier. We didn't have the breakfast, but it looked good -- waffles, cold cereal, and toast. I'd stay here again with no hesitation. (Only downside is that access is a little tricky --be alert, because it sneaks up on you.)

Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed August 31, 2016

Great location. Not too bad for the price. Breakfast was not the greatest. Service was good. I do prefer the Mariott branches, but nothing was available at the time. Noticed couple well behave pets. Even though we don't have any it was interesting to see them around and we didn't mind at all.

Date of stay: August 2016