All reviewsone nightroom was cleanstayed herenotre damefuture tripswould stay againbudget hotelenglish muffincerealbendfridgecorridorlodging
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I'm not sure about the other reviews, but they are too "glowing" just like the photos, which are clearly not taken by travelers.

This was a cheap and convenient stay. But the bed was both comfy and lumpy and the TV image distorted and fuzzy. The coffee was weak in cheesy styrofoam cups. This is not a walkable neighborhood.

All that being said, I think you get what you pay for here, so I'm not complaining. It was pretty clean, and the staff was friendly. Good value.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, and the hallways are quite long. Ask for a first floor room, and a room near one of the doors if you have a heavy suitcase
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Mcscience
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here on a business trip. Rick and the staff went out of their way to help us and make us feel welcome. They have added waffles to the contnental breakfast so it gives a good variety. Same as last time, it was clean and a great value for the price. We usually get a king room and was not disappointed with the size of the room. It is so nice to find a good clean room at a good value. We will stay again when we return to South Bend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank happy2day2
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was recommended by a friend to stay with Rick at Americas Best Value Inn when coming to Notre Dame and I am glad I took his advice. The hotel is clean, Rick treats you like family, and for what little time I'm actually in the room it fits the bill perfectly. I missed one home game this past fall, but stayed here every other time surrounded by Irish fans, and was just there this past weekend for the Blue-Gold game and this place meets all my needs. I'm not looking to sit in the hotel lounge or by the pool when I'm back at Notre Dame, so why pay those prices? I want some place that is clean and convenient to campus, without paying an arm and a leg for the few hours we are actually in the room. Rick and staff provide this for me, and I have no qualms staying there again or recommending it to my friends. Ryan R.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Ryan R
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hotel was clean, a commfy bed and pillows and had a decent breakfast. Rick & the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful to us. Great value for the price.
We will stay again the next time we are in South Bend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank KnoxvilleHappy2
abvisouthbend, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

KnoxvilleHappy2,

Thank you for your review. We’re ecstatic that you had a “clean… comfy” stay with us and felt that our staff was both friendly and helpful. I’ll share this with the rest of our staff – it will make them proud of their hard work. Hope to see you again soon!

Warmest regards,
Rick

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and son went to a Notre Dame game and stayed here. They said it was very clean and the staff was very nice,especially Rick. The price was also right considering what others were asking. Didn't have the breakfast but it looked ok.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Rose Ann B

Rose Ann B,

Thank you for sharing your husband and son’s experiences with us. We are very happy that you found our rooms clean, and I’ve shared your comments with all of our staff. Although we are very busy during the football season, we try to treat each of our guests like family. We hope to see your family again soon, and GO IRISH!

Warmest regards,