All reviews one night room was clean stayed here notre dame future trips would stay again budget hotel english muffin cereal bend fridge corridor lodging
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was recommended by a friend to stay with Rick at Americas Best Value Inn when coming to Notre Dame and I am glad I took his advice. The hotel is clean, Rick treats you like family, and for what little time I'm actually in the room it fits the bill perfectly. I missed one home game this past fall, but stayed here every other time surrounded by Irish fans, and was just there this past weekend for the Blue-Gold game and this place meets all my needs. I'm not looking to sit in the hotel lounge or by the pool when I'm back at Notre Dame, so why pay those prices? I want some place that is clean and convenient to campus, without paying an arm and a leg for the few hours we are actually in the room. Rick and staff provide this for me, and I have no qualms staying there again or recommending it to my friends. Ryan R.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Ryan R
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hotel was clean, a commfy bed and pillows and had a decent breakfast. Rick & the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful to us. Great value for the price.
We will stay again the next time we are in South Bend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank KnoxvilleHappy2
abvisouthbend, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

KnoxvilleHappy2,

Thank you for your review. We’re ecstatic that you had a “clean… comfy” stay with us and felt that our staff was both friendly and helpful. I’ll share this with the rest of our staff – it will make them proud of their hard work. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and son went to a Notre Dame game and stayed here. They said it was very clean and the staff was very nice,especially Rick. The price was also right considering what others were asking. Didn't have the breakfast but it looked ok.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Rose Ann B

Rose Ann B,

Thank you for sharing your husband and son’s experiences with us. We are very happy that you found our rooms clean, and I’ve shared your comments with all of our staff. Although we are very busy during the football season, we try to treat each of our guests like family. We hope to see your family again soon, and GO IRISH!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Never went to America's Best Value Inn before, so I was rather pleased when I got there -- not thrilled but pleased. The room was clean and, being a non-smoking room, it smelled fine, although the halls had a smokey odor. This motel used to be another name, as evidenced by the pasted-on labels everywhere covering the former name.
The room was clean and acceptable, but there were a number of little things that need improvement. The tub surround was new, but the tub was old and the fixtures well-worn. The furniture looks OK, but it's shabby and drawers don't always work. The alarm was a puzzle; I couldn't figure out how to set it. Fortunately I didn't need it, but I like to know the time if I wake during the night.
The breakfast was continental and I was advised so when I checked in -- four kinds of cereal, a couple of different pastries, etc. I hope that this motel is not representative of all the motels in the chain. If so, I'd find something else.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank bltzflk

Bltzflk,

Thank you for all of your comments and for your review. I’ve shared your feedback with our management team, and we’re happy that you were “pleased” with the “clean and acceptable” room.

Our entire hotel is non-smoking; we ask all smokers to head outside to smoke, as Indiana law states. We regret to hear that the halls had a smokey odor, but we do actively enforce our smoking rules within the hotel. We also apologize for the few labels we have. We like to spend money upgrading the furniture in each room, rather than papers that don’t attract the attention of most of our guests. We’ve definitely noted your comments, though, and will be replacing these very soon.

We’re aware that some of our furniture needs improvement. We’ve replaced our televisions with LCD flat screens, and we’re currently replacing our beds. Over the next two years, we’ll also be replacing our lighting fixtures, tables, and chairs. We apologize for the alarm clock; if you run into this problem again, please let us know. I would be more than happy to set your alarm for you personally, either using the alarm clock or our hotel’s phone system.

I hope to see you again, but this time, “thrilled” with the value of our property!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our room was clean, the bed was comfy, and the front desk was helpful. The breakfast, however, was all carbs and low-end, so we had to go out for that. Still, I'd say it's a good value for the money and we'd probably stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank HopeSprings0

HopeSprings0,

We appreciate your review on TripAdvisor. Our entire staff works hard to make your stay comfortable, and we’re glad that you found our rooms clean and the front desk helpful. Since your review, we’ve made changes to our breakfast offerings, and although we’ve kept the carbs, healthier choices have been added. We continue to evaluate our breakfast and will bring in more variety while keeping our prices low. I hope to see you again in the future!