“Chicago prices in South Bend! Breakfast menu has 6 items that are way over priced.”

The Mark Dine & Tap
Ranked #28 of 303 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Angela
Description: Phone is [574] 204-2767.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

New menu for breakfast has 6 items, way over priced. Many better choices for the value! You are paying for Edy Street location. The basics are nice for breakfast such as eggs, pancakes etc. If you don't want to serve breakfast then open at 10. Updated menu is nice but pricey and a rip off. Greed

1  Thank TravelingEric

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We dined here last night for dinner, I made reservation via Open Table, I don't think it was really necessary however. We ate early, they weren't very busy yet. Traffic did pick up during our dinner. We were greeted and seated promptly, we sat in one of the booths against the windows, directly inline with the front door. So every time someone came in you felt a cold blast of air, we were in the third booth back. I will say it was extremely cold and windy that day. The menu is very eclectic, quite a selection to choose from. Our server was very nice and friendly, didn't mention any specials however, and I did over hear the table behind us in a different server section getting explained specials. We did order an appetizer, the Bavarian Soft Pretzels with the Chipotle Cheese Sauce, pretzels were good, sauce was very smokey, but good. My wife ordered the Peanut Chicken Soba Noodle Salad and I choose the build your own burger option. My wife was very happy with her salad, thought she could've maybe used a bit more dressing, as it didn't have a very strong flavor. My burger was good, cooked properly, only complaint was I ordered applewood smoked bacon, caramelized onions, and fried egg on the burger, yet I didn't get the caramelized onions. I pointed this out to the server and she offered to get me some, I declined and ate raw onions that came out with the lettuce and tomato. Our server did take the caramelized onions off of our bill, as each topping is $.75 premium toppings being $1.50 each. All and all it is a good restaurant, plenty of interesting dishes on the menu to warrant a return trip. I would recommend it even. The only downside to Eddy Street Commons is parking, you may have to use the garage or park a few blocks and walk up if you aren't lucky enough to find a spot on Eddy Street.

1  Thank 3duckdave
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We went here for lunch on Friday of a football game. We arrived around 12 and went right into the bar. The staff is always freindly and attentive. The food selection is very good, most of my friends like to get the make your own omlete, I prefer a burger. You just have to get it on the pretzel bun, you're missing out if you don't! It can be very busy there in the evening on Fridays and especially Saturday after the game.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We came in for drinks on Friday before a football game. We were told that seats in the bar were first come first serve. Then after standing in the bar for over an hour a table opened up. Come to find out that the tables in the bar with a sign were reserved, though none had signs.

Honestly, the apps are just ok, it is very noisey, and now I am upset, and won't come back again.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

good food and drink. try the nachos grande and a craft brew. interesting takes on gourmet comfort food