“Best breakfast in South Bend”

The Mark Dine & Tap
Ranked #34 of 297 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Angela
Description: Phone is [574] 204-2767.
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I've been to The Mark a few times and it's always been a stellar experience. The food is fresh and fantastic with great variety.

I'd reccomend The Mark for breakfast, meeting with clients, or a great night out with your sweetheart. The cocktail menu is the best in South Bend.

Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for The Mark Dine & Tap

Reviewed September 11, 2011

I think a true test of a restaurant is the roast chicken. I am sorry to say the Mark flunked. The Garlic Roast Chicken seemed overly marinated and was dry and very salty. The mashed potatoes were watery and the broccoli underdone. The space is very charming and our server very attentive. I will return but stick to sandwiches or burgers. The location can't be beat.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

I was very impressed by this place. As it is close to a university it has pitched itself as being young and hip, but it has not compromised on its standards. Yes, it serves burgers and 'student food', but it has a wide menu and serves most sophisticated dishes too. Most importantly, there seemed to be an emphasis on fresh ingredients. I had salmon patties (fishcakes) and my partner had a coconut curry. We were both impressed, and the service was excellent. There's also a pretty decent wine list.
My only quibble was that the acoustics of the room made it quite noisy. Perhaps a little more soft furnishing or soft material on the walls would have reduced the noise levels (not that people were noisy or boisterous, it's just the layout of the room).

Reviewed August 16, 2011

We had breakfast here after church on Sunday. It was busy but not too noisy. We were in a nice booth by the windows. The scramble with your choice of cheese/meat/veggies was excellent.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Tried The Mark Dine & Tap on 2 separate occasions recently. The food to me was just "okay" and not very memorable. The atmosphere is nice but what really stood out was the fact it was so loud you could barely hear the person on the other side of the table! The server acknowledged we werent the only ones who commented about it so I am surprised the owners havent addressed it. I mention this because if you want to have a conversation, are trying to conduct any business, or perhaps looking for quiet place for a romantic dinner you may want to keep this in mind and consider going early or late to avoid the dinner crowd. We almost left within the first 10 minutes it was so bad but since we went later in the evening so as others started to leave it did improve somewhat. Maybe it wouldnt have bothered us so much if the food were much more to write about but we werent impressed. On my last visit 2 of us ordered the dinner special and the fish was overcooked and bland. I would go back and enjoy the outdoor patio and have drinks and appetizers but for the price would consider other spots for dinner.