“okay food but serious noise issues” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Mark Dine & Tap
Ranked #51 of 292 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Angela
Description: Phone is [574] 204-2767.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“okay food but serious noise issues”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Tried The Mark Dine & Tap on 2 separate occasions recently. The food to me was just "okay" and not very memorable. The atmosphere is nice but what really stood out was the fact it was so loud you could barely hear the person on the other side of the table! The server acknowledged we werent the only ones who commented about it so I am surprised the owners havent addressed it. I mention this because if you want to have a conversation, are trying to conduct any business, or perhaps looking for quiet place for a romantic dinner you may want to keep this in mind and consider going early or late to avoid the dinner crowd. We almost left within the first 10 minutes it was so bad but since we went later in the evening so as others started to leave it did improve somewhat. Maybe it wouldnt have bothered us so much if the food were much more to write about but we werent impressed. On my last visit 2 of us ordered the dinner special and the fish was overcooked and bland. I would go back and enjoy the outdoor patio and have drinks and appetizers but for the price would consider other spots for dinner.

• Visited June 2011

South Bend, Indiana
“Pretty good for South Bend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

I've dined here several times, with family and for business purposes. I've personally rarely been disappointed with my orders, usually salads or burgers (which are reasonably priced and creative), although some of the entrees are less impressive, and others with whom I have dined evaluate them similarly. It can be rather noisy unless you get a booth close to the windows. Location close to Notre Dame is a plus, and they have a decent beer selection.

• Visited March 2011