“Not to be missed”

University of Notre Dame
Ranked #2 of 53 things to do in South Bend
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Renowned for its rich athletic tradition, the university is a beautiful place to visit, with such religious attractions as the Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes, the park-like setting of its huge stadium and the abundant artwork.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The university is massive but fairly easy to get around despite the amount of construction going on this summer. There is a mall, hotels, and University apparel/gifts on the property. The architecture is stunning blending the old with the new. We chose to wing it but there are tours which give you great information about the university ( I listened in). We spent about 2 1/2 hours here and it was not enough. You could easily spend all day. A must-see if you are in the area!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I visited Notre Dame late in the day since it took me awhile to get there from the other side of the state. I was afraid that I was going to miss out on looking around the campus since the sun was beginning to set. It turns out dusk is a perfect time to walk around campus with friends watching the lighting bugs flicker in the dim light and enjoy the landscaping. If you're into landscaping (given how much money it seems the put into it, you should probably check it out), then you really should enjoy campus around sunset.

1  Thank Celtictool
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Start at the visitor center. The people there are very helpful and will inform you about the tours or what to see if you are going it on your own. Lie a any college or university the book store is a must visit.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

As a relative's son attneded Notre Dame we decided to take a tour of the campus while in the area. We were given a very informative 1and 1/2 hour wlaking tour by a firendly and competent young woman. We were greatly impressed with the comfortable feeling and warmth of the school, despite its large size, as well as the grandeur of the buildings and grounds. We recommend wearing study and comfortable shoes. Take the tour -- you'll enjoy it.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

When I was in the South Bend area, I went to see the University of Notre Dame. it is a beautiful campus area. I also visited the football stadium area. We usually follow the Stanford - Notre Dame football game each year and it was fun to see the area.