“God bless the family who established it”

Ranked #11 of 53 things to do in South Bend
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the best university art museums in the U.S., this museum at the University of Notre Dame features 18,000 pieces including a large religious collection and works representing the major periods in world art history.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I visited this museum during my second visit and loved the art both contemporary and other. I think in the future, some information on the art pieces in audio form may be good but it is not necessary - the shared beauty enriches the memories.
Thank you. God bless all - Notre Dame donors, alumni that they remember the values, integrity what the University and many associated stand for.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Having grown up in South Bend, I'm embarrassed to say that I had never visited the museum. Living out of the area now, I took the time over Easter weekend to do just that. Now I'm almost sad that it took me so long! I was totally blown away by the wonderful and impressive collection. I thoroughly enjoyed spending two hours at the museum. It was quiet, uncrowded and free. I have visited art museums all over the country, and now know what my own hometown has to offer. I would definitely make a return trip.

2  Thank palisades76
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Did you know there is a very good art museum at Notre Dame? Well, no I didn't but what a delight. More extensive than one would think with all manner of interesting are from many different periods. If one likes art museums, this is a delightful find, nicely laid out, and hardly anyone there. My only criticism which would probably be of all museums, is that it would be nice to have the printed information about each painting or piece in larger print...we are all getting older and reading glasses work, but bigger print would be nice.

2  Thank saintjack
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Wonderful collection of its type , great facility . Its invisible in this community but a great asset

1  Thank dajwal
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Comprehensive collection of various artists and styles. There are also temp shows, with some well known artist, probably the biggest draw in the area for more well known artists. Great photo history collections. Helpful staff. Good for group trips if arranged ahead. Currently is a long walk from the parking area (free if validated) but it is in the works to move to the edge of campus.

1  Thank Danielle W