“Fresh Quality food with a quality owner!!!”
Review of J.W. Chen's

J.W. Chen's
Ranked #6 of 297 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Granger, Indiana
“Fresh Quality food with a quality owner!!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Jean is the owner and she may come sit down while she takes your order.The food is excellent !
She is a people person who is the owner and wants you to have a pleasant experience.The kitchen is clean and that's jeans standards .Customer service with a smile and all the food is excellent.The facility is small so call and order to go if you have a large group.

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
United States
“Great experience! Great Food!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Our group picks a different restaurant each week with a different cuisine. Our only rule is that it cannot be a restaurant in Chicago. The Chinese food that we had last night equalled any top Chinese restaurant in Chicago. Our table was treated to a sampler of broccoli and almond shrimp. Excellent. Jeanne, the owner, was very personable. The restaurant is small, all tables were taken, and there were people waiting. But it was worth it!

• Visited June 2014
Kankakee, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I WILL BE BACK!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

It is hard to impress me with Cantonese and Mandarin cuisine but this one is magnificent! #1 Hospitality, #1 Quality, #1 Food. The owner is from Taiwan and the menu along her great advice is astounding in quality, particularly the authentic Cantonese and Szechuan dishes. If you like spicy Chinese food, this is your place. If not, there is infinitely good choices for you. There was once a time 'a hole in a wall' Chinese restaurant place gave me the thrills and it was at the old Chinatown in Chicago. Now after 20 years, its making a repeat for me all over again. I was at Notre Dame for 3 days and I went everyday with my buddies. The next time I'm in town, I will be excitingly back again.
Thank you Jean for making it so memorable!....father mario

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mario Q
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Always a great experience and delicious food! ”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

After having Chinese food at various major cities, this small place in South Bend is one we always make a point to visit when we're at Notre Dame. Awesome service and always delicious food. Cannot say enough good things!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Arrived with a colleague after a six hour drive. Ended up at this restaurant because of trip advisor reviews. The owner greeted us and asked what we liked. She wanted to surprise us. She treated us with dishes I would never have chosen from the menu. Best chinese food either of us had ever eaten. Fantastic! Dont be fooled by the casual venue and non fancy location. Food will not disappoint!