“Best authentic Italian food...”
Review of ciao's - CLOSED

ciao's
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The premier Italian Restaurant and Lounge in Indiana, offering unique and authentic Italian cuisine, enjoyable drinks and amazing dessert!
North Liberty, Indiana
“Best authentic Italian food...”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

If you haven't tasted Chef Adele DeRose Ciao's magnificent cucina then you haven't lived. From her freshly made bread and soups, salads, main courses and incredible Italian desserts, everything is fabulous. Have a drink and a casual meal in Ciao's Lounge at the front of the building or experience the more romantic setting in the rear dining room. We had potato and leek soup which was incredible. My husband had his usual pheasant tortelli which was outstanding. It's hard not to order it even though there are so many other delicious items on the menu. I had the lobster linguine which was a fabulous as always. You have to try it if you get to South Bend.

• Visited August 2014

Augusta, GA
“Good Italian but not run of the mill choices”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We went here because the Asian bistro we wanted to try was closed on Monday. We were anticipating your basic Italian food, but it was far from it. My husband ordered the most basic dish they had--lasagna. It was very good. I had a pheasant tortelli with a creamy mushroom sauce that was good but there was way too much on the pasta. I also ordered a caprese salad that was served in typical fashion and was exactly what we wanted. The rest of the menu was not that enticing for us, but there were a lot of choices and something for everyone. The service was attentive, and I don't know if that was because the restaurant was almost empty or what. It's never a good sign if a place is empty, but I don't live in South Bend, so I don't know if it was just because it was summer or what. Nothing knocked my socks off, but it was good.

Visited July 2014
South Bend, Indiana
“Delicious food, attentive service, reasonable prices”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I'm not a big fan of Italian food, but I do like some. Ciao's had some pretty attractive offerings (at two entrees for $33) during South Bend's Restaurant week and my wife does like Italian a lot. The lobster linguine sounded pretty good to me so I thought, what the heck?

It was very good. My wife liked her meal as well.

It is a fairly intimate dining room and much quieter than its local competitors. Its regular menu prices seemed quite reasonable as well. A nice experience. I highly recommend it.

• Visited June 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“I'd give 6 stars if I could”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Everything was perfect. Great wine - esp. the Aglianco. Bruschetta with fresh tomatoes created a tasty start. The dipping oil (for the bread made in house) had basil, oregano, roasted garlic and really good olive oil. The house salad was artfully arranged with interesting greens and vegetables. We had the house-made ravioli stuffed with salmon with shrimp with tomato/cream sauce and the putanesca (a spicy version of the old stand-by). Finished with decaf capaccino, Ciao's classy decor was only outdone by the fantastic meal. Make a point to patronize this great restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
South Bend, Indiana
“Fresh, well-prepared meal”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We celebrated our anniversary here and had a pleasant meal. Started with the spicy mussels appetizer, which was just-right spicy and perfectly cooked. I had a very hearty chicken vegetable soup and husband had caesar salad for accompaniments, both also very good. On our server's recommendation of her favorites, I had the pheasant tortelli with its amazing mushroom sauce, and husband had the lasagna. The pastas were really light and pleasing, not heavy or dough-y at all. We have some more celebrations coming up and since everyone in our crew likes Italian, we will probably go back.

• Visited May 2014