“SAD”

South Bend, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SAD”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I scheduled reservation for a party and told all of my friends that this was the place to go. Boy was I embarrassed. As soon as we arrived the hostess informed me that they were not serving ANY drinks because of some license transition. We were told that we could go next door to ajoining restaurant AGAVE for dinner and drinks to celebrate properly. So we decided to try it. When we walked next door a barely awake waitress greeted us next door w entirely no enthusiasm about anything there. We asked about possible drinks then started to hear drink prices were ridiculously above what any other place would charge. My group decided to leave the cold atmosphere of AGAVE and at least go back to Sangrias for the food.At least the servers there were hospitable. It was sad to see the EMPTY bar and know that we could not even enjoy a glass of wine at Sangrias WINE BAR. I would write a note of hope but the last few times I have called they still tell me their license is still in transition. I give up and will go around the corner were things are in order and my friends and i can enjoy a normal eating out experience.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank teresa m

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Won't go back”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I had high hopes based on other reviews but doubt I would return. I went for lunch and will say the prices were good the food was just average. I was hoping for Latin food but the menu only offered Mexican. Not that there is anything wrong with Mexican food! Just wasn't expecting it. Maybe it is different in the evening but I wasn't impressed with the food enough to make a return visit. If you are looking for an affordable full service restaurant downtown South Bend with Mexican food this might be the place for you. But if you are expecting Latin food you might be disappointed.

3 Thank SusanV007
“Sangrias closed? Agave horrible”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I recently came down with my husband and 2 kids, saw the sign on the door saying Sangrias was closed and was extremely disappointed. The note on the door said Sangrias moved next door but the sign outside said NOMA, one owner said it was Agave Tequila Lounge but it was the same people from Sangrias. My kids complained about the smell, which my husband and I did not care for as well. It smelled like a musty old bar. Our server was on edge, sweating and acting strange, like she was intoxicated or high. The owner was poorly dressed, on edge as well and didn't say hi. My husband said the corn tortillas tasted like plastic and my daughter didn't eat her tacos because they were chicken and she ordered beef. Next time, my husband and I will leave the kids at home, order take out chips and salsa and eat at McCormicks.

South Bend, Indiana
“Yummy stylish and so refreshing!”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

This place rocks! The menu is delectable and full of some of my very favorite ingredients from all over latin america. Never greasy or heavy and always just beautifully presented. Black beans and mango salsa are my favorite combo. The place to go when you want style and taste without breaking the bank. I'm thrilled about Sangria's!

1 Thank WanderfullLife
northern indiana
“Six for Six on fantastic meals”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Each time I've gone to Sangria's, I've ordered something new. Each time I've really enjoyed my meal. The atmosphere is wonderful, the staff is great, and the food exceptional. These are people you really want to see succeed.

They are very vegetarian friendly, however, you have to ask for it. Items aren't listed on the menu. I'd like to see menus updated to reflect their diversity.