“NICE HOTEL-BAD INTERNET & BREAKFAST”

La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in South Bend
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Hotel property was new so the physical facility was nice but the internet operated at dial up speed and the breakfast was very lacking for a $115 night room,the value is not worth the price. There are more choices for better value near this airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Moline, Illinois, USA
Reviewed June 23, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Be very careful checking into this hotel. They have you sign a waiver authorizing them to charge your cc for damages without your consent or even calling you. We checked in late on 5/28/2013 after a long drive. The first room we checked into was not clean.....beds were not made and had been slept in. Garbage everywhere to include dirty diaper. We were moved to another room that had a terrible oder and no towels. Still not very clean but you could tell the had tried to clean it. Floors were dirty, hair on counter. We left at 900 am the next day. I returned home to SD to find they had charged me $200 in addition to room charge. I called to find out why....they said I took a comforter. I stated that I took nothing from the room and asked if it was for the first room they checked us into. They were not sure since I could not remember what room numbers I was in. They said that only I had access to the rooms and it is my problem. They will refund if I return the comforter. I have no use for a used comforter. I told them they should have called me to ask or tell me they were going to charge my account and they said I had signed a waiver authorizing them to charge up to $250 for damages. I asked to the talk to the manager or have manager call me they said I can only email the property. NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!! They will take advantage of you.

Room Tip: Make sure you look at what you are signing
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank funnysd
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Called about reserving a room ,it was a bit off beaten path very very close to airport. Huge room with extra space with desk,extra tv chair and couch. All very nice and clean. Pool small but usable along with fitness room. Breakfast typical nothing special. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I got 20 % off coupon on turnpike at rest/gas stop
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed April 21, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2013

With economic payment, we received a suite like king size room with sofa bed. The rom was divided by the bathroom in the middle and window side with the kingsize bed and living room with another TV on the other side of entrance. Apparently the hotel was recently remodeled, new paint, newly remodeled bathroom, marble countertop, new furnitures and lots of lamps.

There are some details need to be taken care of after the remodeling but I'm extremely satisfied with this place. Employees are ok, not horrible as others may have experienced. The pool is for kids so don't expect lap swim. Only complaint i have is spotty WiFi and the employee didn't or couldn't do anything about it.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple