“any port in a storm” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
Greenwood, VA
“any port in a storm”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

My wife and I were mid-way thru a 1700 mile week-end trip to see Mom at a nursing home. It was mid-night, we were exhausted and a Notre Dame home game ended less than 4 hours earlier. We were thankful to pull off the road. The interior appears to have been updated or repaired, but......
the bathroom had several moldy places around the tub and sink, the towels were the smallest, cheapest towels I've ever seen. The showerhead was so restricted that it barely allowed more than a drizzle. We wished we had brought along our own sheets. As the sun shimmered across the pool the next morning, a lot of floating hair was easily visible. On the upside, the room and our car were safe. The beds were comfortable enough to sleep in. But we won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Not a lot of early traffic outside the hotel on week-ends, so get a room away from the pool and the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hamilton. Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. There was a terrible smell throughout the hote, the taps in the bathroom dripped all night. The carpets were threadbare and you could see through them. The wallpaper was falling off the walls. I complained to the woman at the desk in the morning and she just laughed at me and walked away. I have lodged a complaint with Expedia who booked the hotel for me.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these South Bend hotels

Elkhart, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

My wife and I wanted a cheap hotel so that we can get on the plane the next day for our honeymoon, we got in the room used it to change for the wedding, my bride and I came back to the room after the wedding and actually got a look at the room, the water damage on the ceiling the wallpaper falling off the wall, the jetted tub with rust coming out of the jets, the hanging wires from where the smoke detector used to be, and a fridge that didnt work, So instead of staying at the hotel we drove the 40 minutes home instead of staying in this nasty hotel, most of the rooms that said non smoking smelled like smoke on the second floor as well, NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Spend the extra 15 dollars and go down the road, less than a half mile are a couple nicer hotels
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James1011
Appleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

My sister and I stayed her as it was very late. We were on our way to Shipshewana. First the carpet was filthy and (1) of the beds had blood on the side and top of mattress. (Had to check for bed bugs) Sheets were discolored. Wall paper was falling off the walls. My sister end-up up sleeping in a chair. I slept with my clothes on. The people that did stay here shared how horrible there rooms were. If it had not been so late we would have cut our loses and left. Seriously a health inspector should do a walk through of the place. Suprised they stay in business.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pekin, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

The room was cery clean. Everything was clean and the beds were very comfortable. great pillows and linen. I highly recommend this motel. They were running a summer special that was great. $$ off the regular rate that made this a super deal.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

After reading the reviews I was more than a little scared about staying here. I booked as an "unpublished" rate hotel through expedia. I about booked another one not to have to stay here.

The hotel and room were clean. No complaints. I did wear my shoes around the room but I'm a bit of a germaphobe.

Another positive is that the rooms are HUGE!!

I would stay here again - it was fine and cheap.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Lets see where do I start....First I couldnt get the internet to work in my room the first night when I called the front desk I was told the internet worked in some of the rooms and if I wanted to use it I had to come to the lobby. It took 2 days for me to get an ethernet cord and if the GM wasnt there I would not have gotten that. Second my room wasnt cleaned everyday I had to wait 3 days to get it cleaned ( I was tempted to do it myself). Last but not least the customer service sucked!! The GM and one of the housekeepers were the only ones who had some customer service skills.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family