“Very Clean & comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend

La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
Pekin, Illinois
“Very Clean & comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

The room was cery clean. Everything was clean and the beds were very comfortable. great pillows and linen. I highly recommend this motel. They were running a summer special that was great. $$ off the regular rate that made this a super deal.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

After reading the reviews I was more than a little scared about staying here. I booked as an "unpublished" rate hotel through expedia. I about booked another one not to have to stay here.

The hotel and room were clean. No complaints. I did wear my shoes around the room but I'm a bit of a germaphobe.

Another positive is that the rooms are HUGE!!

I would stay here again - it was fine and cheap.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Lets see where do I start....First I couldnt get the internet to work in my room the first night when I called the front desk I was told the internet worked in some of the rooms and if I wanted to use it I had to come to the lobby. It took 2 days for me to get an ethernet cord and if the GM wasnt there I would not have gotten that. Second my room wasnt cleaned everyday I had to wait 3 days to get it cleaned ( I was tempted to do it myself). Last but not least the customer service sucked!! The GM and one of the housekeepers were the only ones who had some customer service skills.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank reverly

Travelers are raving about these South Bend hotels

Abbotsford, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

It was totally filthy - if it wasn't so late when I arrived I would have gone somewhere else! It was so dirty I couldn't believe that was even allowed. I wouldn't even have a shower there and was not looking forward to getting into the bed. The bathroom floor had something sticky on the tile and my shoes stuck to it! The carpet down the halls hadn't been vacuumed in weeks I am sure! In the lobby they had a coffee table with a glass top and it was just covered in fingerprints - you really didn't want to touch anything! And the ladies at the desk were NOT friendly.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mjacki
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

This hotel has some serious issues. You could not control your heat -- the front desk had to, making it too cold/hot -- most of the time. Not comfrotable. You could hear through the walls. Others screaming, babies crying, jumping as though the building was going to collapse. Not clean at check-in. Towels were very hard. The only good thing was the bar of soap. In our opinion, this place needs a good cleaning, itself.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank butterflyzz
memphis, tn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

First no cart to carry heavy items. Desk clark very rude, no help in finding cart or light bulb for dark room. Room boadrer falling from top of room. Carpet very durty as was bathroom. Breakfast was a joke. Some family members checked out to go to other hotels. If I ahd to stay here again, I would cancell my trip. swimming pool was durty.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank theoneMemphis_Tn
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2010

We had 3 rooms. 2 rooms had dirty toilets, 1 had dirty towels and someone's underwear. Pillows are terrible. 1 air conditioner had to be turned on at the front desk. 1 room's air conditioner had to be turned on with a pocket knife as knobs were broken. No flat sheet for the sofa bed, but 2 fitted sheets. No tissues in room, had to go to the desk to get them. One tiny bar of soap to share between the sink and tub. Pool is tiny. Breakfast was absurd. There are 4 tiny tables for 2 people. But best of all, when the police showed up to break up a party, a women jumped out of the 2nd story window, then an ambulance came and a police officer ended up in the pool!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family