“Slowest Service Ever! But Good Food!”

Cambodian Thai Resturant
Ranked #37 of 301 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: Cambodian, Thai
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The service here is SOOO slow but the food makes up for it. Don't even think about dining in as they have like 5 tables and takeouts are usually filling up the kitchen orders. We order takeout and walk down to SB Choc for a coffee while we wait. The employees are always nice but the service is terribly slow.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The place is very small. I would recommend ordering ahead and getting it to go.
Prices are good.
I would recommend Chicken pad thai.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I had had the medium hot dish and couldn't eat it. Decided to go again and had the mild which was actually medium according to any standards I've found in the U.S. I enjoyed the food despite the lack of service and dining space. Third time: We ordered our meals and still were not served, not even our soup, after 1/2 hour. I asked if we could have our soup, she said it would be right out as they had lots of take-out orders. 10 minutes later, still nothing on our table. 5 minutes later she placed a dozen takeout cartons on the counter. No one was there to pick these up. People that were sitting at a table before us were NOW served their meal. We left, leaving a $1 on the table. I have only left a restaurant once before in my entire life. SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO EAT THERE: ORDER TAKE OUT. WHEN YOU GET THERE, PAY FOR IT,SIT DOWN AND EAT IT. GLOAT AT ALL THE FOOLS THAT WILL BE WAITING 45 MINUTES FOR THEIR MEALS.

1  Thank marjieP
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Not the best atmosphere but is mainly a carry out place. Food is amazing and keep in mind the spice rating is based of a Thai palate so be careful.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

We loved the curries. CAUTION: order mild if you're used to hot. We had ordered medium (our usual in other places) and couldn't take the heat. We also had a smallrice noodle shrimp soup and by itself could have been a meal for one. The tastes and flavors are great BUT don't expect service. The place has only 7 tables but the waitperson spends a lot of time in the back and doing takeout. I believe they'd be more efficient if you'd get a number, place your order, pick it up and pay for it, sit at a table, eat and leave. We spent over 20 minutes just waiting for our check although I had asked for it, had put my coat and hat on, made movements toward the cash out area. We never got our sodas. If you go, bring a book or a game to while away the time that you wait.

1  Thank marjieP