“Very pleasantly surprised! Clean, big...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham South Bend / At Notre Dame
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in South Bend
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Very pleasantly surprised! Clean, big room with a flat screen TV. Only drawback was distance to restaurants - they were a good 10 minutes away.

• Stayed: September 2010
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham South Bend / At Notre Dame

Reviewed August 25, 2010

We arrived late in the evening after a nine hour drive to drop our son off at college and found the hotel had no record of our confirmed reservation (apparently due to a computer glitch between Expedia and Microtel). The hotel was sold out as were all the comparable hotels in the vicinity. Gerri went out of her way to prepare a room for us (that technically was not available due to a lack of a door knob) and worked with us happily even though we were obviously upset and frustrated at the situation. The hotel then gave us a new room for the next two nights and honored Expedia's rates. Five stars for customer service and Gerri!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Check in went smoothly, the receptionist was friendly, helpful, and generous (I wanted a fridge, but my price room did not have one, so, since the hotel had availability, she upgraded us). The room was nicely decorated, quite spacious and very well appointed, as nicely as a much more expensive hotel room. Free breakfast with waffles, cereals, toast, pastry.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2010

On a cross-country trip, I made an advance reservation for a one-night stay on Thursday, June 3. The hotel is in very good condition and I was satisfied – until being awakened at 3:15 A.M. with blood on my temple and my body and night clothes covered by bedbugs. There looked to be literally hundreds of them in the white-colored bedding.

The night clerk came up immediately and helped me relocate to another room. I was in 310. I could not sleep further and after painstakingly searching my bags and clothes for other bugs, I left the hotel by 6 A.M. The manager was not yet on duty, but the clerk offered to comp my stay.

However, this is not about money. This is about treating customers right. I was not contacted by the hotel manager or anyone else following my dreadful experience. As such, my next stop was at the South Bend health department to report the incident in the hope that other travelers do not repeat what happened to me.

I also provided information about my experience to Microtel HQ through their website and received a form reply stating the hotel is locally owned. All they did was provide the name and street address of the manager.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
microtelsb, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham South Bend / At Notre Dame, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

Unfortunately the whole nation of hotels has been hit with a bed bug epidemic and a guest carried in that surprise to us. We are happy to announce that the issue was remedied shortly after that incident and we are bed bug free! Pest control now inspects the property on a regular basis.

Reviewed June 21, 2010

Newly remodeled, clean, friendly, affordable, AAA, right off hwy, flat screen, comfy beds! Only down is no smoking rooms...

1  Thank LaurenML6
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Stopped for an overnight stay on our way to Chicago. The hotel was clean and comfortable, located right off of the turnpike. It was better than I expected for the money and we are now fans of Microtel's. They do not offer a ton of choices for breakfast or provide fancy tolietries (No hair conditioner!), but still offer and clean place to stay for a great price. We will stop back the next time we pass through South Bend.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2010

I have to admit that I was a little leary to stay at the hotel given the rate. We have all heard the saying about getting what we pay for. In this case, though, what I got far outweighed the price tag. A new, clean, friendly environment greeted me. The breakfast area was even opened early so that we could eat before going to my half marathon. Furthermore, the coffee was excellent. Thank you for such a pleasant trip.

• Stayed: June 2010
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#10 of 30 in South Bend
Staybridge Suites South Bend - University Area

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham South Bend / At Notre Dame? Share your experiences!