Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham South Bend/At Notre Dame
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
Galesburg, Illinois
“a great value”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I were very impressed with this hotel. The lobby and room was clean and nicely decorated, and the receptionist went out of her way to help us find a place to eat nearby when we arrived late in the evening. The bed was luxuriously comfortable. I will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nancy_E969

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Greeted with a smile and lots of information regarding the area. The lobby was well done with a modern theme. Room was clean and fresh. Flat screen on the wall and welcoming colors. Beds were GREAT! We had a very quiet 4 day stay with no problems to report.

*** Just a tip for the property management... The rear lot grassy area needs policed of lots of trash its a shame people treat mother earth in that way. (cans, bottles, fast food trash) I had the notion of doing my part and picking it up..... but the was way too much for me. You need an all out assault on that crap. Once its done you will be blessed by the Garbage Gods. That right Garbage Gods....

Room Tip: Contact this hotel direct they will do better than the .com's. We had a vary nice room @ $63 a n...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank G M
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed August 11, 2012

As a true Marriott fan I was disappointed that I could not find one of their properties available for this trip. So I used my trusty trip advisor reviews to find a hotel. I had never been to South Bend and was only interested in being close to Notre Dame to see Touchdown Jesus. The only knowledge I had of Microtels was that they were "B" hotels so I didn't know what to expect. I was completely blown away. It was less than a mile from the campus so that was perfect. The room was big with a refrigerator, microwave, and kitchen area. The bed was really comfortable and I am a huge bed critic. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a full hot buffet which was a surprise too. The scrambled eggs were kind of powdery but everything else was good. My only disappointment was that in the dining area the upholstery on the chairs were stained and looked dirty. This would be an easy fix and inexpensive to either recover or get rid of that type of chair. Otherwise it takes away from the look and feel of the room and the overall hotel experience. I spoke to desk clerk about at the time and she said she had made the same suggestion more than once.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Brenda K
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The hotel is located directly off of the interstate, however I couldn’t hear the sounds of the highway from my room, which faced the front of the hotel. The first thing I noticed when walking into the hotel was that the area carpet in the lobby featuring the name of the hotel and the area carpet in the elevator needed to be trashed as they are just nasty. Grungy and black stained; they do not give a welcoming invitation to stay at the hotel property. Check in was speedy and the room I was assigned (307) was small with a queen sized bed, but it was perfectly fine. The room and bath were both very clean. Thin walls, however, so you can hear your neighbors next door. Large flat screen television is on the wall.

The hotel had free Wi-Fi as well as free local telephone calls, which was nice. For those with no access to a computer, there was one available in the lobby. There was free breakfast as well, however, by the time I got downstairs the next morning, the food didn’t look too appetizing. The breakfast was the usual fare – biscuits and gravy, eggs, toast, cereal...etc. I ended up drinking some juice and called it a stay.

As I stated, my stay there was fine, and I would recommend the hotel for a short visit. I just hope they change out the area rugs. I know it’s a minor detail, but really – they were gross.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MsCleo2313
Grant, Michigan
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed here last week for one night. Nice place, easy to find and right by ND. Right off exit 77 of the Indiana Tollroad, and several hundred feet from the ND property.

The breakfast here is MUCH better than most Microtels and the room is big enough so you do not run into the other people while you are trying to eat.

Nice people work here. There were enough of them, too, monitoring breakfast coffee/food.

WiFi worked just great, plus the lobby computer worked good, too.

I would go back without hesitation. Place is quite well run.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Impala guy
Fairbanks, AK
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stopped here overnight in the context of a longer road trip. The rooms were very nice. Probably my best night's rest in a week. I brought my three children and happily converted a window seat cushion into an extra bed, there was extra bedding in the closet. The room had a fridge. I had no issues with sound from other guests. I was looking forward to the hot breakfast but missed it because I was unaware that I was in Eastern Time Zone. There was a clock in the room but it wasn't plugged in.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

2 Thank incurable_bookworm
norman, ok
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This place was renovated fairly recently and it shows. It is really a beautiful hotel especially for the price and location. It is pretty close to ND and also near a number of other restaurants. I lived in South Bend for 5 years, part of which that time was at ND, and I never thought this hotel looked like anything much, but I returned recently for a wedding and booked this place for some friends and myself. It was much more than we expected! We had a large queen room with a pullout bed. The room also had a lovely window seating area with a light and a dimmer which was a great homey touch. It had a mini wet bar with a sink and everything. The counters were black granite or granite like and spotless. The bathroom was also spotless. This place is really great. I am returning in a few months for another wedding. This is one of those hotels that really looks exactly like the pictures. No surprises, in a good way.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends