Tripadvisor
South Bend
Post
Inbox
Search

“Stopped in here for a business”
Review of Linden Grill

Linden Grill
Order Online
Ranked #133 of 382 Restaurants in South Bend
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped in here for a business meeting . I ordered the pick three ! Catfish, perch and chicken. The chicken was excellent and both fish were great ! The drinks were great as well. The only downfall was our waitress got all of our dinners wrong luckily, another waitress stepped in and was awesome . I would definitely come back again for the great food

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (13)

Reviewed October 13, 2019 via mobile

Myself the wife, daughter and her boyfriend stopped in for brunch and were very disappointed. Brunch was a new venture for the grill but they failed on a big scale. Ordered food and 1/2 hour later they apologized for the delay and said they would expo it right away. 20 minutes later the plates were being prepared. The food arrived 10 minutes later, the shrimp & grits were dry, and appeared have been sitting under a heat lamp for an hour. The hamburger was over cooked and dry. The three egg omelettes were more like one powdered egg. We were told the delay was because they lost the ticket in the back.

They are not close to being a brunch restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed June 17, 2019

I will use a line from one of my favorite movies to describe the burgers at the Linden grill, “One Tasty Burger”. We stopped in for lunch and ordered a burger and fries. They were both served up fresh and hot. The burger was juicy and one of the best I’ve eaten. The staff was also friendly and more than accommodating. If you’re in South Bend you must stop in for one tasty burger.

Reviewed May 18, 2019

This place is pretty friendly and has a great location downtown. I wasn't drinking the night I went but the drinks were cheap. Food (we had hamburgers and chicken wings) was also cheap and tasty. I would go to this place again. The reason I'm not giving this four stars is because of the very long wait we had after we ordered. We had a play to catch and had to take some of the food to go because of the long wait.

1  Thank redwhiskeypete
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

I eat here often. Im away from home but Lindens feels like family. Even the owner (Fonnie) is nice and doesnt act beneath his customers. There are 2 locations. Im a frequent flyer at the one downtown South Bend on Michigan st. I can always count on them for good food and drinks.