TripAdvisor
South Bend
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews wxyz bar board games front desk fun hotel corner room fiddler's hearth parking garage heart of downtown hotel bar a great stay lobby area enjoyed my stay checking out would highly recommend this hotel notre dame definitely stay here again staff was very friendly
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First, let's start with the wonderful, wonderful Alvin at the Front Desk. You will never encounter a more friendly, helpful and engaging guy who wants to do the very best job he can do, even though it was late when we pulled up and it was the end of his shift. We found that out later when we went to the lobby for a drink in the cool and friendly bar and there was another lovely and helpful woman who had replaced him for the evening who was equally engaging. Must also add that both the bartender and his drinks were great, the room was terrific. Would definitely recommend!

Date of stay: September 2019
AJSime, General Manager at Aloft South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for connecting with us and sharing the kind words for our staff! I will pass them along to Alvin and the team. It was wonderful having you and we hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Read all the reviews on this hotel and you will most of them are favourable for this hotel. Most of them are right, this is a great hotel, with great amenities, great decor, great staff, great gym, good hotel parking etc, etc, etc. My review is more of the same. I had a great experience when I decided to stay at this hotel. The parking was easy, taking my bags to check in was easy, (although a digital checkin and key would be great) I was greeted warmly, given a great corner room on a high floor and a great dinner recommendation. All in all it was a great stay. The only issue I had was not something the hotel had any control over. I stayed at the hotel on a very cold, bitter and windy night in a corner room. It took forever for my room to warm up, but aside from that everything else was perfect. The price was a great value for the level of hotel, and the location was great.

Room tip: Corner room, high floor !!
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
AJSime, General Manager at Aloft South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for reaching out. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and your time in South Bend. Regarding your comments about the temperature in your room, I will pass this along to the maintenance team to see what can be done about corner rooms going forward. We apologize for the inconvenience. It was great having you and we hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time to stay at Aloft S. Bend. After I was greeted by one of the kindest front desk people ever, Alvin., I was amazed at the décor and modern vibe of the place. The lobby is part bar, part restaurant, part shared office for guests. Alvin explained everything I needed to know about the hotel and made sure I did not need anything. Alvin's enthusiasm for his job and the hotel are contagious and because of Alvin I have my new S. Bend hotel moving forward. Thank you Alvin !

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate the wonderful review of our hotel and staff. I will be sure to pass along the kind words to Alvin and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I don't make it to South Bend often (and typically for work), but when I do, I stay at Aloft! The hotel lobby is trendy, open and inviting...typically highlighted by a greeting from Alvin. You can't help but smile and feel welcome when he's working the front desk. His passion for customer service, warm/welcoming smile and energy are infectious. Beyond the front desk, the rest of the staff are helpful, the rooms are clean, parking is simple and the bar is fully stocked. Whether in town for business or pleasure, I highly recommend staying at Aloft!

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and had a warm greeting from Alvin! It was wonderful having you and we hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel has a nice bar, open lobby, free parking, and clean rooms. The staff was there to make your stay enjoyable and was very friendly and helpful. Nice view of South Bend from the rooms, and good location to restaurants and bars. Definitely a different vibe from most all other hotels. Worth a stay.

Date of stay: September 2019

Thank you for connecting with us. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay and had a positive experience with our staff. It was wonderful having you and we look forward to seeing you again, soon.