“Thank you”

Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in South Bend
Crown Point
“Thank you”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

okay so I travel a lot. It takes a lot to impress me. this hotel did have nice rooms and the price was good. breakfast was okay. wish it had more diabetic choices, but hey not everyone needs that sort of thing right? I will say the manager seemed nice and the desk clerks were always friendly. so, thank you.

Room Tip: ask to NOT face the highway. Our room faced the back and it was much quieter then my brothers room w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kilgorerena
ComfortSuitesIN244, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hi, I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful comment. Customer service is our number one goal. If you have any recommendations you would like to give for our breakfast menu for diabetics I'd be happy to look into it. Hope your doing well and we look forward to seeing you in the furture!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New Albany, Indiana
Reviewed September 3, 2013

When visiting family, I always book a Non-smoking Hotel because of extreme allergies. Recently, I found out that Indiana had implemented some pretty strict clean air laws and was pleased to find a hotel online that claimed to be non-smoking. When I spoke to the girl on the phone, she told me about their policy of charging $150 to anyone caught smoking inside the hotel. Great, right? Wrong. Despite there being laws in place and signs posted (though not very clearly) I had to walk through clouds of smoke to get in or out of the main entrance. When I was leaving on my first morning there (I had booked several nights), there were employees outside the door smoking. I had a coughing fit just trying to get to my car.

When I complained to the girl at the desk, she only shrugged and said there's nothing she could do about it. Later that day, after I returned from lunch, she was outside smoking as well, right beside the door. I again complained and was told to wait to speak with the front desk manager who was the one outside smoking! I ended up having to use the side entrance/exit, even at night when it was dark because I don't think there was a single time where I was coming or going where someone wasn't standing right outside the door smoking.

I will NEVER come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: don't expect room service, they don't offer it. The staff are annoyed by anything you ask t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Denise L
ComfortSuitesIN244, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please accept our apologies for the unfortunate experience you encountered at our hotel. We do, do our best to let guests know that there are smoking areas outside and they must be 25 feet from the door according to state law. However, our staff can not be everywhere all the time so we try our best to keep the smokers away from the entrances and we haven't really had any problems regarding it.
O'Fallon, Illinois
Reviewed July 24, 2013

First time visit and I will certainly return when in the area in the future. All the comforts you would expect from Comfort Suites. The free breakfast had all the basics plus it was always well stocked despite a steady stream of breakfast users. You won't go hungry or waiting. Sound did travel a little bit thru the rooms, I only noticed that during the day, nights were quiet. The wifi was a little bit slow at times, but acceptable. There is some highway construction nearby which effected navigation in and out of the parking lot, but that was easy to learn. I don't think you will be disappointed.

2 Thank wmrdoddinc
ComfortSuitesIN244, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It's always beneficial to hear from our guests and receive their valuable feedback about our hotel and their stay. We certainly look forward to accomodating your hotel needs in the future.
Dyersville, Iowa
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and had a great experience. We arrived late in the evening and found our rooms to be very clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was very accomodating. The best part was the friendly breakfast lady, Bonnie. She greeted us and was so pleasant! It's nice to stay somewhere and feel good about it when you leave. We will definitely stay here again if we are in this area.

1 Thank lynne G

Menomonee Falls`
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The rooms were spacious and very clean. Large bathroom. Beds were very comfortable. Microwave and refrigerator. Staff was very accomodating and friendly. Good breakfast, hot food, juices and coffee and tea. Exercise room and clean pool available. Did make use of the exercise room.
Cookies in the afternoon, fresh. We won't hesitate to stay at this hotel in the future.
It is right off of Hghway 31. Quiet. A gas station on two corners.

1 Thank Pam G
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. The lobby and breakfast rooms were beautiful and the rooms were large, but they shouldn't call them suites unless they have at least two rooms and a kitchenette. If you are looking for a great hotel with large rooms, a delicious breakfast, and a resonable price (I wasn't here on a football weekend, of course) this place is fits the bill. If you are looking for a suite, you'll actually get a nice large room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tomand
Thank for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. Our guest feedback is always important to us.
Philadelphia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

King Hot tub Suite Clean room. Pool was good along with the Lobby area hot tub and Sauna.Private Whirlpool tub was great Wireless Internet was not very good in the end room, wired works better. Breakfast buffet was good. Plenty of paring for RV's and trailers out back.
Right now there is construction going on daily out back, looks like a new highway and bridges. No dust as they had a water truck. Whole area is quiet, not much trouble getting out of lot with a 20' trailer. Smokers outside are too close to AC unit as end room did smell like smoke.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple