“Nice little zoo for young children-avoid off season visit”
Review of Potawatomi Zoo

Potawatomi Zoo
Ranked #7 of 55 things to do in South Bend
Reviewed April 11, 2010

My family visited the zoo in early October 2009. The farm and butterfly exhibit were closed for the season. The size of the zoo makes it easy on young children but our 11 year old was disappointed that many of her favorite zoo animals were not at this zoo. It is worth the extra miles to drive to Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago. Much better exhibits, more animals, and free.

1  Thank akrabbenho
"a lot of fun"
"lions"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed July 26, 2009

My granddaughter and I loved the zoo. It was small, intimate, great animals, and my granddaughter loved the tigers and lions. The train ride offered a break from walking. We did not venture into the butterfly world. Small scale zoo that offered a fun time for the two of us. We were also excited that the zoo had a penny machine. We collect them from our vacations. Fun for the family!!

3  Thank emmadottie
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Coming from out of town, it was hard to find the zoo. The signs that they did have were right at the time you needed to turn so it was a little confusing. That is my only complaint about the zoo. It is a small zoo, and the staff say that it is the oldest zoo in Indiana. It is well kept and laid back. Do not expect a lot of bells and whistles, very basic. The butterfly exhibit (summer only) was one of the best that I have seen in a long time- they are all tropical butterflies and beautiful! The park was clean as were the restrooms. The food is basic zoo food. The train is a short ride for $2 each rider. My daughter had a good time and I didn't need to worry about her getting lost in the crowds.

This is a nice zoo to visit if you are in the area or planning on taking a day trip to South Bend area, but it only takes a small amount of time to see everything. They do have a pool and park across from the zoo, but the pool closes early in August as we unfortunately found out. The park is very clean and has great playground equipment for young children.

4  Thank cmama