“Not bad for a small town zoo”
Review of Potawatomi Zoo

Potawatomi Zoo
Ranked #7 of 53 things to do in South Bend
South Bend, Indiana
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Not bad for a small town zoo”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nothing great, but can still be somewhat enjoyable. A bit pricey. Good family atmosphere. Wouldn't go there after dark.

1 Thank John A

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day to spend an afternoon with the children”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Nice zoo and beautiful grounds to walk or rent a wagon to pull the children. The children ate lunch at the covered outdoor area. Prices affordable. Nice park across the street as well. I could spend 4 hours here easy.

1 Thank Pattykids
Macedonia, Ohio
136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 198 helpful votes
“I Was Very Impressed With The Rare Animals Here”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I really enjoyed my visit to the Potawatomi Zoo. I have been to zoos from Honolulu to Baltimore and from Orlando to Buffalo and I enjoyed my visit Saturday August 24, 2013 as much as any of the other zoos. It was well organized, clean, and the animals were very active and easy to observe. The lions were in rare form roaring back and forth at each other. The white tiger and red panda were worth the trip. I loved the bison, cattle and camel too. My favorites are the turtles and there were plenty...........some new ones I had not see before. There are lots of cool birds on display and also many I had not seen before. The water features added a lot to the park and the landscaping enhanced the experience. I enjoyed the whole place and would visit again the next time I am in town.

1 Thank Michael M
Lakeville, Indiana
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“small but good”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Its a small home town zoo nothing uber fancy .It just a nice place to take the kids on a day off . but not something i would travel up to south bend to see.

Visited September 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Take a trip to Fort Wayne!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I didn't enjoy this zoo at all. I recently moved to south bend from fort wayne and can say fort wayne zoo is 100% better.

Visited June 2013