“Awesomeness with animals”
Review of Potawatomi Zoo

Potawatomi Zoo
Ranked #7 of 53 things to do in South Bend
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I just cant say enough about this small zoo. It is not new but you really feel close to the animals and the staff is second to none! It is well worth spending an afternoon there!

There are newer reviews for Potawatomi Zoo

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This zoo though hard to find was very nice. Parking was free but the parking lot was already overflowing when we arrived so we parked about one block away on the street. This is a small zoo perfect for little legs and feet. Price was good considering the size and we got in for 1/2 price with our Maryland Zoo membership. They had a huge Tiger and a smaller white tiger both in clear view. The zoo is home to two lions and the best part of our visit was when one of the lions began to roar over and over again AWESOME!! The zoo also has a community park in front of it perfect for an all day outing pack a lunch and let the kiddies play!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Was very offput today payed full price to Get in less than half the animals were out today now granted its April first and I know some animals can't be in the cold climate I was however suprised to see cockroaches all over the indoor exhibits outside of the glass containers I know im extremely offput by the fact there is no telling how many people have taken there kids to see animals and brought roaches home its terrible that Indianas oldest zoo and a, great place to go as a child has become this terrible place I would not go back if I lived in the neighborhood let alone drive there.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is a nice zoo although. I prefer to go to the Lincoln park zoo as it is free. For a local zoo it is nice. The times that I have been there though the zoo seems to not have many people visiting. Sad :( Maybe it is because of the prices to get in.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nice gift shop. Reasonably priced snack bar. Lots of flowers along walkways. Numerous endangered species including red pandas, snow leopards, lions & tigers & bears Oh My! Take the grandkids every year...we love this zoo!