See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Over priced by the time they add in everything. Sterile, cold floors, a shelf no drawers, small, yet had good beds. Get what you pay for, thought we were in cell, yet clean.
No shampoo a small bar of soap and towels about 16 by 27 hope you don't have much to dry.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2017

New clean hotel with modern decoration. Room is on the small size but the hotel in general is in a very good condition. The price is very reasonable. Would recommend for short stay that you don't need too much from the hotel except a place to sleep.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dkkam
Reviewed August 1, 2017

WARNING: There are two Motel 6's on the same street. This one is MUCH nicer than the other and is directly across from Taco Bell, and closer to the toll road.There's one that's further north on the same street that looks run down and shady, and a much older building.

It is within walking distance to many food places. It was a clean room, updated fixtures. Soft water (for the midwest, that's a BIG thing). No carpets. The only thing in my room that I had an issue was that the satellite remote didn't work as well, but since I don't watch TV much, I just found a channel by changing it on the console and left it there.

The staff was nice (the few I talked to) and I had no issues with check in or check out. I missed the breakfast because I overslept in the comfy bed, and the sheets didn't have questionable stains on them. The towels were a bit thin, but for a one night stay, I wasn't too concerned. I had no issues with noise from other rooms.

I would stay there again. I could tell this is a locally owned franchise, so it supports local business, if you're into that. For less than $100 a night, I think it's better than average.

Room Tip: Clean rooms, and modern looking.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank Skwerl29
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

First if all I have never written a review before as most motel stays before have been fine or minor issues that the staff took care of. This was a different story so felt the need to let everyone know. First issue was that our door would not lock. You could just push it open so not secure and I was traveling with my daughter and valuables so that was a concern. We discovered this the morning after the first night stay. We told front desk the that morning and they said they would take care of. When we got back that afternoon the door lock worked but then as we were going to bed same thing the dock would not lock so we had to sleep in that room again as no vacancies. In the morning I complained again and they moved us to another room which leads to the second complaint. When we went into the bathroom there were hairs and pubic hairs on the floor which was disgusting. I complained again and front desk said they were doing the cleaning rounds and would get to our room when they could. Are you kidding me!!! We left for the day and then got back late in the evening. They cleaned the room but unbelievably there was still hairs in he bathroom floor. I complained again and they said the manager would call me but that didn't happen. There was no offer of a free nights stay or something else for all of the troubles that we had. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. If I could rate this hotel below a one I would. Never again.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Will B
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

I know this is very long, but you need to read this before you stay at this Hotel, especially if you have children that will be staying with you. This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. I went there with my girlfriend Sunday night for a little romantic thing. Nothing special we got in a room it smelled a little funky. I really didn't care. It didn't bother me, but she was a little irritated. So she asked me to go get some air freshener because she didn't really want to unpack everything and move to another room so I didn't make a big deal about it with the front desk in fact I barely even said anything to them. I think I said something in passing because it wasn't that big of a deal to me , but they were made aware of the situation. Well the next day when I went to check out and get my $60 deposit back the manager went up to the room and accused me of smoking in the room and refuse to give me my deposit back and then he used threat of force to intimidate me to let him keep the deposit by saying to me "you're not getting your money back but if you like I can call my security and they can handle this with you". The general manager there whose name I do not remember exactly, but he was some Indian guy, was nothing more than a thief who stole money from me. Keep in mind this was the day after Notre Dame Commencement. That hotel was packed with Notre Dame students and other college students partying in it just hours before I rented it. I asked him to show me some type of documentation that could prove that it had not been smoked in prior to me being in there and all he did was hand me a hand wrote piece of paper with a check mark on it and said "see I checked it that means it's clean". I said "you expect me to trust the word of you and your minimum wage housekeeper who have every motive in the world to clean your rooms as quick as possible to get them flipped over quickly, especially after Notre Dame Commencement just had you packed with students who are probably partying like crazy in your hotel?" He responds by saying "yes you do have to trust my word". And I responded by saying "then you should equally have to trust my word". At that point he said he would not help me and I said well "I would please like the owner's name and number please" and he said "I'm not giving it to you I'm making this decision if you don't like it I can call my security and they can handle you". At no point in time did I ever raise my voice or curse at him or anything. In fact the first time he brought up threatening me to use intimidation of his security guards at me to steal my money, I immediately in front of the cameras put my hands up and said "hey I don't want any confrontation here I'm just civilly and peacefully trying to work out this dispute regarding my money that I would like returned to me." I even made a point to reach my hand out in a peaceful manner to shake his hand and wait for him to extend his hand on his own to shake my hand to show that there was a mutual peace there and that there was no threat. I later called their corporate and filed a complaint. It's still in the process of being handled. However the fact is that this guy used intimidation to steal money from me just because he wanted to flip his rooms quicker after Notre Dame and various other college students trashed the rooms just hours before I was there. But what is really pathetic is when I called back later to get a copy of my receipt, since they never gave me one in the first place like they should have, the lady said that "by state law you violated the law by smoking in the room. We may just have to have you criminally prosecuted". I responded by saying "I did not smoke in the room and I don't appreciate you accusing me of this". However what she did by saying that was pure defamation of my character and intimidation. The general manager made it very clear that he had no intention of calling the police so they could be there to civilly referee our discussion. Although it wasn't needed because nobody was yelling or screaming. He made it very clear that he was going to call his privately paid hired muscle to come and put me in my place. When he said that, I felt extremely intimidated and quite honestly i felt a in a little fear for my safety . The general manager in my opinion kind of looked like a shady person. I'm by no means in any way shape or form accusing him of looking like a drug user simply due to the fact that I legally do not have the authority to publicly judge his character officially. I can only give opinions of my personal observations and experiences with him, but I'll put it this way because I'm not going to make any statements about his character for legal reasons , but I hang around with honest upstanding good law abiding people. He does not seem to be the type of person I would personally want to be associating with. In my opinion, the way that he carried himself , the way that he dressed, certain tell tale signs on his body and face and eyes in particular , and especially the way that he used force of threat of intimidation of sending basically his hired muscle to come after me. The way that he said it to me, and the fact that it was a peaceful conversation with nothing intimidating or threatening going on , he was making it very clear to me what message he was sending me and what he would do to me if I kept pushing the issue of getting my deposit back. It's scary that they have him for a general manager or even working there at all , based on my opinion , especially around children. I wonder how many other people he's threatened and intimidated in to giving up their deposits just so he can make extra money. And the fact that they wanted me to use a cash deposit, makes me question even more how much they're reporting those deposits that they're in my opinion stealing from people like me. Based on the type of person I think he is privately in my opinion, and the way that he threatened me, that's why I would not have put it past him to have his security try to physically harm me. And at this point I've already contacted an attorney and I will be filing a lawsuit with in the week against them not just for my deposit but also for the emotional distress this is causing me and my girlfriend as well. I would highly recommend you do not stay at this hotel, and if you do make sure you have them walk up with you to room and you both inspected together before you check in. In my opinion, I believe that general manager deliberately stole my money and used force of intimidation and threat at me to take it. I will later update TripAdvisor how the lawsuit goes. However I can and will tell you that regardless of what corporate makes them refund to me, I am filing a civil lawsuit against them. It is very sad any time it takes filing a lawsuit against a hotel to get your deposit returned to you that they promised they would give you the next day if you followed the policy like I did. In my opinion, I highly recommend if you want to deal with honest people that will not try to scam and steal your money, do not use this hotel. In fact if you are coming into South Bend and looking for a good hotel to stay at, one of their competitors is much better and the customer service is honest and genuine and they do not steal your money and accuse you of things you did not do. This hotel's name is Super 8. It is right off of the US 31 bypass by Ameritech Drive. They are approximately about the same cost and the rooms are quite honestly just as nice if not nicer and they give you breakfast the next morning. Motel 6 does not serve breakfast as they do. Yes I am just disgusted with this hotel to the point where I actually decided to rate which hotels in this area I felt were the best for a comprable price just so I can let all of you know where to go so you do not go through what I'm going through.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple