“One of the Best in South Bend”
Review of LaSalle Grill

LaSalle Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
LaSalle Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 297 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Healthy, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main
Description: LaSalle Grill is located in Downtown South Bend's oldest commercial building. Built in 1868 as the St. Joseph Hotel, the building has survived over 146 years. Converted to restaurant use in 1991, LaSalle Grill has become an institution in South Bend and the region. We have won the coveted AAA Four Diamond rating for 19 consecutive years, the longest run of any restaurant in Indiana. Our menu is rooted in USDA Prime and Choice steaks cooked over a live hardwood fire, Lamb and Pork chops, locally raised Chicken and Duck, Fresh seafood delivered daily, Vegetarian and Vegan options and seasonal game dishes. We have won the Wine Spectators Award of Excellence for over 17 years and employ the only Certified Sommelier working in a restaurant in the state.
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is a elegant, comfortable restaurant in downtown South Bend. We are from Chicago and we make a point to eat at The LaSalle a Grill each time we visit South Bend. On our most recent visit, my husband ordered antelope for his entree. It was a hearty portion that was delicious. He also ordered garlic poached shrimp with homemade cocktail sauce for an appetizer. This was another winner. The cocktail sauce was unique and delicious. I ordered glazed scallops for my appetizer. They were served lightly glazed. They were delicious. My entree was cobria. I ordered it with the mushroom risotto. Both were very good. For dessert we shared a piece of buttermilk cheesecake. One of the best cheesecakes I have ever eaten. Don't miss the LaSalle Grill on your trip to South Bend. You won't be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for LaSalle Grill

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

At LaSalle Grill they have great steaks and great service. They are really nice too and have great service. Go try them out!!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We're visitors to South Bend and were given recommendations on numerous restaurants. We selected LaSalle and are glad we did. We split the LaSalle Wedge salad - good size to split without being too much or too little. She got the Strip steak and I got the Strip au Poivre. Both were excellent cuts, very tender and cooked properly, that is to say, medium rare actually WAS medium rare. The au Poivre was more lightly coated with peppercorns. It came with a whiskey/Worcestershire demi-glace that had a delightfully interesting taste. We didn't have room for dessert, but the selection of sorbets sounded yummy. We recommend this wonderful place. We've been to Flemings and found it ordinary. LaSalle far exceeds Flemings and, while not cheap, is less expensive.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I was visiting relatives in South Bend and they took me to LaSalle Grill. The food was delicious. One of our party ordered the brie appetizer which was very good. I had the duck which was very good also. I would have liked possibly a slightly larger portion. We had the chocolate cake with ice cream to share for dessert and it was excellent. The service was good. It will be #1 on my list when I return to visit my relatives.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We dine in South Bend several times per year. A visit to this city would not be complete without enjoying a magnificent dinner at the best restaurant in town. The fact that it has been around so long is testament that they are doing everything right and then some.
What do I enjoy? The cocktail list has some classics, long ago ignored by more "modern" places but also has the "trendy" ones as well. The wine list is extensive and a knowledgeable sommelier is more than able and willing to help you choose. The food, as always, is meticulously prepared and equally well presented. The desserts are charming and not oversized; sharing is encouraged if you just want or need a taste. The after dinner drink menu boasts the usual fare but also includes fine brandies, ports, and sauternes. The servers are seasoned professionals; they don't learn their trade here.
What don't I like? Really nothing! My only gripe, and this is a tough one for any fine dining establishment to deal with, has to do with customers who fail to recognize the classiness of the place and fail to dress appropriately. Hey folks, it's OK to dress up a bit, even in South Bend, IN! You might actually enjoy the experience more if you add a little "class" to your appearance. Should fine dining restaurants enforce a dress code? Absolutely! Will this restaurant enforce one? Absolutely not! That's understandable but too bad. But I digress....
For the best dining adventure in South Bend, you will positively LOVE the LaSalle Grill.