“Still great in South Bend!”
Review of LaSalle Grill

LaSalle Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
LaSalle Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 297 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Healthy, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main
Description: LaSalle Grill is located in Downtown South Bend's oldest commercial building. Built in 1868 as the St. Joseph Hotel, the building has survived over 146 years. Converted to restaurant use in 1991, LaSalle Grill has become an institution in South Bend and the region. We have won the coveted AAA Four Diamond rating for 19 consecutive years, the longest run of any restaurant in Indiana. Our menu is rooted in USDA Prime and Choice steaks cooked over a live hardwood fire, Lamb and Pork chops, locally raised Chicken and Duck, Fresh seafood delivered daily, Vegetarian and Vegan options and seasonal game dishes. We have won the Wine Spectators Award of Excellence for over 17 years and employ the only Certified Sommelier working in a restaurant in the state.
“Still great in South Bend!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We dined here twice recently, once with a group from Notre Dame in the upstairs function room and then a second time with a small group of friends in the main dining room downstairs. The food is excellent, with an emphasis on naturally raised products, mostly from relatively local farms and purveyors. Among the best choices are a shellfish paiella that is an appetizer that I had expanded to an entree; a magnificent fillet mignone; and an Amish chicken that was outstanding. The wines are interesting and reasonably priced, and we have always found the service to be great. This remains the place to dine in South Bend.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank jop2map

“Very nice, recommend but anticpate 1.5 hour dining time”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

• LaSalle Grill
• 115 West Colfax
• South Bend, IN
• 574.288.1155
This is one of four very good restaurants in the area we go to for fine dining I compare it to the Carriage House, Tippecanoe and Yesterdays, both very well run restaurants
Parking is very limited on the street. There is a public parking garage across the street. It is very close for dining if you are going to the Morris theater ¾ of a block away.
Service Can be hit and miss. I am used to servers being anticipatory to my needs when I pay more than moderate prices for a meal. Here, one must usually ask for basics such as butter for the bread, salt and pepper. One’s drink may be empty for some time.
Tonight we had the double cut pork chop and steak along with appetizers.
Oil for dipping bread was on the table but no bread for 15 minutes while we waited on appetizers. Oil was bland and so subtle as to be tasteless compliment to otherwise fine bread.
The main course was both well presented, flavorful and both quality grades of meat. However, it was the lightest, very low viscosity Bearnaise sauce which would not adhere to the meat and was again bland. Also the waitress forgot to bring the sauce. The vegetables were very well presented. The sweet potatoes were very good.
As I said, I would recommend this restaurant to visitors. It will not be a quick meal, anticipate at least an hour and a half if planning for a show.
This is a small restaurant. Good decor, subtle background music. Fine linen candles. High ceiling in I believe the oldest commercial building in South Bend. Good for a romantic meal.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Pilot645
Dayton, Ohio
“Notre Dame weekend with nice dinner at LaSalle Grill”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

This was not my first visit to this restaurant, just my first review. I was very surprised that the place was not as busy as it has been on other home game weekends.
The menu had very little in the way of change, since my last visit a year ago. That is a bit disappointing.
The butternut squash/corn risotto was nothing spectacular. A bit flat in flavor. When asked by the wait staff how it was, I told them just that. The comment back was "thanks for being honest."
My entree was very good. Filet medallions w/blue cheese, served with house roasted potatoes and snap peas.
This is not an inexpensive restaurant but it is a nice every now and then place.

Vero Beach, FL
“A Great Reason to Revisit South Bend”
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Made a reservation at the Lasalle Grill because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor. The service, ambiance and food far exceeded our expectations. All four of us felt that our meal was the best of our 20 day road trip. The steak was as good as any we have ever tasted. Do not visit South Bend without a dinner at this great restaurant!

1 Thank Bobbijean
Findlay, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

They have a great menu,all food served hot,great portions,great service.My family all found something on the menu that they wanted to eat,and enjoyed it.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Thomas B

Been to LaSalle Grill? Share your experiences!