Stayed in the Shipshewana Suite during mid-week with ym wife and her friend. The room was clean and is highly recommended for guests looking for 2 bedrooms and a nice-sized seating area and a walk-in kitchen with full refrigerator. All this and more! The suite has 2 bathrooms, a TV in each bedroom, a pull-out sofa, and a small dining table. The beds are comfortable and one gets a very "home-like" feel to the suite. Outstanding!
I write balanced reviews, trying to be as objective as possible. In this case, the oddest part of the suite is that there is only one light in the entire seating/living area. This was a lamp on an end table. There was a ceiling fan, but no lights associated with it and about half the room is just empty space. The empty space doesn't detract from staying in the room but the one light, that being a lamp on a table was very curious, especially for such a large suite that can sleep 6 people easily. The suite screams for more furniture, especially since the 2 rocker chairs and sofa really isn't enough seating if 6 people were to stay.
Having mentioned the lighting and furniture issues, that should not sway from making a decision to stay in the Shipshewana suite at this property. They are minor points which does not negatively reflect on your comfort and satisfaction.
For the property itself and its operations:
- The desk clerk was so nice and friendly. Every estalishment should have that friendly smile and pleasant personalty at the front desk.
- The lobby and entire property seemed clean and very beautiful...very well decorated
- The morning buffet was in a huge room and was served in a very well-organized and inviting manner. Our only disappointment was that it would have been "perfect" had there been a more local feeling to the offerings...such as fresh bakery or something more reflective of the local Amish surroundings
- We spent some time in the extremely comfortable seating area outside our suite but holey moley was it hot. The temperature on the thermostat read 83 degrees. The "heat lights" in the area should be removed for more softer lighting.
In conclusion...thank you very much to the entire staff and ownership of the Blue Gate Garden Inn. No property is perfect but there are few places that give a traveling guest a true feeling of such comfort and friendliness. We have bounced around staying at various properties in the Shipshewana area and now we recognize this is THE place to stay, bar none. We saw the work being done around the property and look forward to the improvements on the way. We truly enjoyed our stay and will definitly return, without hesitation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Gate Garden Inn Shipshewana is located in the heart of Northern Indiana and is located within walking distance of all the major attractions, shopping and dining in Shipshewana. Stays include our FAMOUS full hot country breakfast buffet, free wireless internet and access to an indoor pool, hot-tub, fitness room and more.The entire hotel is non-smoking and guest room amenities include TV with premium cable, wireless Internet, free local phone calls, voicemail, coffeemaker, hairdryer, iron/board, desk, and more. Suites offer microwave, mini refrigerators and more.The Blue Gate Garden Inn is convenient from the South Bend Regional Airport (SBN). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Splash Universe Shipshewana In
- Splash Universe Hotel Shipshewana