Menno-Hof Mennonite - Amish Visitor Center
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Shipshewana
More attraction details
Owner description: Amish and Mennonite museum and visitor center.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very interesting. They have films and also displays set up. It is intersting to know the hardships they faced.

1  Thank kat234-12
There are newer reviews for Menno-Hof Mennonite - Amish Visitor Center

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I used to work in a museum so I have a sense of how difficult it is to get your message across to all kinds of visitors. I have visited Menno-Hof twice. My most recent visit was just as good as the first 10 years ago. If you want to learn the history of the Anabaptist movement, please go to MH to learn the story. The book store is worth a trip on its own if you want to purchase books about the Amish. I bought one which discusses Muslims and the Anabaptist - I can't wait to read it!

1  Thank TravelLady511
Reviewed December 21, 2012

If you want to know about the history of the Amish culture this is a must see. Starting in Europe and the percussion of them to today with a guided tour.

1  Thank BCTravelers16
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Visited the many shops, visitors center and restaurants. The Amish are an amazing people and I certainly respect their beliefs and hard work. It was a true joy to watch the families work together and the love they share.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The tour explaining the origin of Mennonite and Amish beliefs was excellent. The displays are very well done. Unfortunately for us, the power went out in Shipshewana at the end of our tour, so we missed a couple of the displays.