“Very Educational”

Menno-Hof Mennonite - Amish Visitor Center
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Shipshewana
More attraction details
Owner description: Amish and Mennonite museum and visitor center.
Illinois
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Very Educational”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Learned a lot about the Amish and Mennonites. Right next door to the Farmstead Inn. Exhibits were nicely constructed and very thorough. Small kids may not like the Tornado room.

1 Thank hap-hazzard

• Thai first
Toledo
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Worth the Time to Learn”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Worth the time to learn about the culture. If you're going on vacation to this area because of the culture then learn about the culture. Great tour - friendly staff.

Canton, Michigan
“Interesting Museum”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband & I enjoyed our visit here. Hands on self guided. Saw a movie first telling us all about the different people who settled here, their religion and lifestyle. Very informative. The tornado room was interesting and the church.

Visited June 2012
Litchfield, CT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great education”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The Menno-Hof Mennonite Amish Visitor Center is an excellent way to get an overview of the Amish community for a reasonable price. I visited with my mother and my 15 year old daughter and we all enjoyed it very much. It was both educational and fun. The guides were knowledgeable, and the films and exhibits information. I highly recommend it as a first stop.

Indiana
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Very informing”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Visited during stay in the area. Great guides and info on the different cultures.

Only drawback was for the guides to give more info on the Amish, etc. living
standards. Such as, after the tour, I asked a guide about their church get
togethers, their volunteer work outside the state, their different clothing, etc.
I thought it would cover more about their daily living of which I am very interested in.