“Paid $7 for a terrible sandwich.”
Review of Pumpkin Vine Cafe

Pumpkin Vine Cafe
Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Shipshewana
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I've eaten here before and thought it was good, so I returned. What a disappointment. I paid $7 for a sandwich called "The Mouse Trap". Its description in the menu was bacon, cheese, pickles and mayo on toasted sourdough bread. What I got was a tablespoon of bacon bits sprinkled on a slice of processed American cheese, four pickles and a squirt of mayo on sourdough bread that was barely warm. I actually asked for more bacon once I saw what I was getting and the owner grudgingly sprinkled a little more on.
I will definitely NOT be returning here.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We had the broccoli and cheddar soup in a bread bowl and a chocolate chocolate chip muffin, and a sweetened ice tea. Soup was delicious. Muffin tasted store bought /Costco. Sweetened ice tea was not sweet or maybe watered down.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Well worth the trip The food was great and the atmosphere was pleasing. This Cafe fits well with the simple style of community Very quaint

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Morton street in Shipshewana opened from 7-4 has very good tomato basil soup with rail grinder sandwich! Love the soup! Rail sandwich has ham, salami, pepperoni, lettuce & tomato with special sauce! Give this place try with very nice server!

1  Thank Ty N W
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I liked the service I received and the quality of the food, there were all sorts of things to look at, very interesting nick-nacks

Been to Pumpkin Vine Cafe? Share your experiences!