“Half Stitched has full stitched voices”
Review of Blue Gate Theatre

Blue Gate Theatre
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Shipshewana
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Blue Gate is best place for evening entertainment in Shipshewana and is fast becoming a household name in the Midwest, featuring over 280 shows per year with 75 different performers, 3 hit musicals and much more. This year will feature the new musical "The Home Game" based on the new book by Martha Bolton. Also enjoy concerts by multiple Grammy winning performers, hilarious comedians, Southern Gospel favorites and other family-friendly entertainment.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Indianapolis, IN
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Half Stitched has full stitched voices”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Amazing voices in this musical - better than I've heard in a lot bigger productions. Nice small venue, so very personal touch. My sister and I took my mom - very enjoyable...and of course she loved it. The performers are all accessible afterwards. You can get a package deal for a family style dinner downstairs. They give you certificates - we decided not to try to time it perfectly before the show. Instead, we went to matinee and then came back later and used them for dinner. No time constraints. Plenty of food. We actually took our deserts to go and had them later.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank agioe

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good Food”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We eat lunch here during a recent visit to Shipshewana. The food good although it took awhile. But they were very busy that day. Come early to avoid the crowds.

4 Thank river7sailor
Orlando, FL
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Up close theater production”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our first visit to Shipshewana found us with an extra day before the big Flea Market on Tuesday and we decided to take in the musical production of Half Stitched. We felt that no only was the theater a wonderful small setting but a great presentation from the story written by Wanda Brunstetter. The cast were well suited for their characters. Would highly recommend this theater where other musical groups perform regularly but also this place.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Tommie H
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Do both the Theater and the Dinner”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The play Half-Stitched(Musical) was a tear-jerker for me. The performers were top-notch. My sister read the book and said it followed pretty much to the story line of the book. Except what happened in some days had to be condensed in 2-quilting sessions. The part where the daughter and dad got reunited was tearful for me. All the students at the quilt session had true to life struggles. It is a must see if you are in the area. The meal was good-save room for a nice piece of pie-Mmmm! So good!!!

1 Thank bethniblett
Belleville, MI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Half-Stitched, The Musical”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My daughter and I really, really lucked out. The author of the musical, Wanda Brunstetter, was at the performance. I've read all of her books except for the one this play is based on. I now have an autographed copy of her book.

1 Thank Sparky2Belleville_MI